Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alfine owners how have you run the cable?
  • elma
    Free Member

As in the title just about to put one on the back of a fisher sawyer and just realised the cable will run along the top tube, there is no guide under the bottom bracket.

Have you just had to cable tie it to the frame or can the alfine cable holder be ran at an angle up the seat stay.

Kahurangi

I believe the angle is dictated by the no-turn nut… or is there a different nut for seat-tube cable routing?

(edit – I have vertical dropouts, so the holder is left pointing along the chain stays. this is how it came when I bought the bike. looking at photos on le Google, horizontal drop outs leave the holder pointing up the seat stays)

Otherwise I’d just run it where you have cable bosses and have a loop of cable to get to the holder.

IF I’ve interpreted the question correctly!

scotroutes

This.

However, you can achieve a different angle by swapping the Blue/Green nuts around. I did this so I could ruin the cable up the seatstay rather than the chainstay. (assuming standard dropouts)

elma
    Free Member

The cable holder sticks out the front pointing along the chain stay to the bottom bracket. I think im just gonna have to give it a go and see what works.

elma
    Free Member

That sounds like the advice i need so is the green nut the one i need on the drive side? Yes standard dropouts

scotroutes

Yep – green on the drive side should angle the cable holder up the seatstay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alfine owners how have you run the cable?’ is closed to new replies.