Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alfine Hub on Pompino
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Anybody done it, is it nice and easy to do? Pics?
    Ta
    Dave

Airwolf
    Free Member

I'd like to see this too as i've toyed with the idea myself recently…

DavidB
    Free Member

So would I mate after 2 hours off road on 46/16!

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

There's one on CC. Alfine Hub on Pompino

Mister-P
    Free Member

Seen it done to a Genesis drop bar Day 01 with Virsa STIs so it looks neater than the bar end with massive cable in that link. Pretty simple to do with a full length gear outer and some zip ties or stick on cable guides.

orena45

Aren't the newer Pompino's 120mm spacing at the back and Alfine's are 135mm?

There is however a new Pompino on the horizon with 135mm spacing and disc brake tabs which I've got my eye on for a future perfect commuter!

Saccades
    Free Member

Just getting an alfine built onto a open pro rim atm, should be ready next week.

Can't see there being any difficulty – I've gotten a nexus sprocket to throw the chainline over a bit (the alfine chainset doesn't really like my current SS chain , but now it's chewed the edge it's a lot quieter).

Edit – I've got flat bars though, so I'm running the normal shifter.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

If you're a medium, they're selling some cheapy 135 spaced ones off at the moment.. also wouldn't it be cheaper to do it with a nexus if you don't need the disk brake?

Saccades
    Free Member

It would be cheaper – but my other alfine is indestructable after 14months of no maintence on the mtb. So i figure I might at some point treat myself to a frame with disc mounts… oh and the alfine is black like the back end of the bike.

And nexus is 132mm, could have used spacers but I like 135 frame and hub.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

wow. just gone late night googleshopping, and indeed the alfine is as cheap as the the nexus. the impending 11spd is making a difference obviously.
    132—135.. things would bend.. who would care anyway?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alfine Hub on Pompino’ is closed to new replies.