Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alfine gears – do you know, please, where I can find information on adjustment?
  • Karinofnine

I took it to Evans (loooong story) and it has come out worse.

It is quite simply too painful to go back to Evans, so I'll adjust it myself.

Thanks

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Shimano website and relevant tech sheets?

Usually putting the part number in their search function gives you good links.

All I know is make sure the little marker is in the dead centre of the windo to ensure cable tension is right.

tonyg2003

Yep you put the gear into 4th (if I remember correctly) and line up the yellow marker on the hub with the yellow marker on the gear selector. Simples.

Karinofnine

Thanks.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Yep, Tony is right, and it is 4th.

Mister-P
    Free Member

It is 4th, that is why the Alfine shifter has a number 4 on the display.

tonyg2003

Thanks guys. The Alfine has been sitting in the garage over the calfornian summer we are having hear in the south east and I couldn't quite remember for certain. Of course I could always have got of my arse and walked to the garage…..

scruff
    Free Member

4th is right, but my alfine has 2 yellow lines, one top & one underneath, I find the underneath one gives better shifing than lining up the top one- they dont match eggackley. Make sure the cable stop bolt and cable are sitting in the recess with the cable running as cleanly as possible-it can go at a jaunty angle if the bolt isnt in quite right.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alfine gears – do you know, please, where I can find information on adjustment?’ is closed to new replies.