Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Alex Ferguson welcomes Howard Webb as ref for Chelsea game…
  • rainbow
    Free Member

What a knob that AF is 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Cliff Richard is going to be a Ref???

Andituk
    Free Member

This the same Webb who has never given a penalty against Chelsea?

The same Webb who deemed this John Terry tackle only worthy of a yellow?

Don’t believe everything you read in the press.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

The scum always get their best results with Webb starting for them 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

TBH I would have given the red card to the Villa player for kicking JT!

trailmonkey

Just by way of a change, is there anyway that we could turn this football thread into a slanging match between long distance supporters of Liverpool and Man Utd ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Grum do you do a search for Man U stories?
    Last season we lost home and away to Chlesea to two offside goals – Last week they got a goal that was not a goal and an goal that was offside [ we were crap and rightly beaten FWIW and got lucky re vidic and the penalty] who says refs dont change matches/seasons ?

He’s definitely the best referee in the country, there's no doubt about that. We are getting the best referee and we hope it’s our turn for a little bit of luck.”
    [/quote
    Does not seem that much of a statement to make tbh and do you think it will affect the ref who this season reffed the World cup final and the champions League final?
    Think Webb was laways fav to get this game tbh
    hopefully a good game and whatever the result we are no talking about refs afterwards

trailmonkey

hopefully a good game and whatever the result we are no talking about refs afterwards

I’m sure that the ref wil be the topic of converstion for the first dozen posts.
    After that it will just be the usual pre pubescent style name calling with the odd picture of trophy cabinets thrown in.

grum
    Free Member

Last week they got a goal that was not a goal and an goal that was offside [ we were crap and rightly beaten FWIW and got lucky re vidic and the penalty] who says refs dont change matches/seasons ?

So hang on, are you saying that the decisions balance out, or not? Alex Ferguson strangely doesn’t see it that way of course, it’s all part of the massive conspiracy against United.

Does not seem that much of a statement to make tbh and do you think it will affect the ref who this season reffed the World cup final and the champions League final?

Oh yeah nothing wrong with Man United just happening to get their favourite referee for the most important game of the season, then saying ‘oooh I love you Howard Webb, you’re going to give us a nice performance aren’t you, nudge nudge wink wink’

😈

Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

TBH I would have given the Villa player a medal for kicking JT

Junkyard
    Free Member

So hang on, are you saying that the decisions balance out, or not?

No idea have you got any statistical analysis either way? I would assume over twenty years they might over a season possibly, over a match unlikely. If we look at the Arsenal game two penalties neither given. however Vidic would have been give a red card so I would imagine Arseanl fans would claim [ with some merit] that they did not in that game – penalty to arsenal and Utd down to 10 men.

Alex Ferguson strangely doesn’t see it that way of course, it’s all part of the massive conspiracy against United.

He does like to build fortress Man u with us against the world. Thankfully some people can see through this and dont pander to it by always having a go when he speaks out 😉

re Howard Webb are you claiming he does not deserve the match?Are you claiming he is biased?Are you claiming he is not the best ref in the country? Are you claiming he is easilty swayed by SAF subtle psychological attempts?
    Seems like SAF is not the only one prone to paranoid conspiracy theories ;roll:

BlingBling
    Free Member

• Referee Howard Webb has awarded penalties to Manchester United in three of the last four competitive games he has officiated at Old Trafford. United have also won the last seven Premier League matches at Old Trafford that Webb has officiated.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe some people are questioning Webb’s impartiality, which is foolish to say the least. I’ve never seen a ref be particularly partial to one side or another.

I think the problem is the impunity wit which Ferguson blathers on willy nilly, falling short of slandering referees, other teams and other managers. You, JY, see it is as some kind of harmless “fortress ManU” thing – many others see it as bullying and putting referees under pressure. I guess now that he doesn’t have the free reign to have Keane and Scholes, veins bulging, screaming at referees, which he encouraged while he was allowed to get away with it, he has to resort to words alone.

Nobody likes it. Tell me, why can’t he just keep his mouth shut about it? Refs are under enough pressure because of the disgraceful behaviour of wife-beating, granny shagging, drugs test missing, diving, cheating footballers? Why should one of “the most powerful figures in the game” be allowed to put them under more?

Really, I think you ought to take a look at Rugby to see how referees should be treated, eh? But, hey, you know that already 😉

grum
    Free Member

re Howard Webb are you claiming he does not deserve the match?Are you claiming he is biased?Are you claiming he is not the best ref in the country? Are you claiming he is easilty swayed by SAF subtle psychological attempts?
    Seems like SAF is not the only one prone to paranoid conspiracy theories ;roll:

A quick google brings up:

Howard Webb and Mike Riley have been criticized as being biased towards United. As a United fan, I want to say no…butI can understand why the opposition would feel that way, alot of calls have gone our way..through both of them.

http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/139633.aspx?PageIndex=3

😆

I’m not saying there is a conspiracy in favour of Man U – there is however a systematic attempt to bully and intimidate referees, which often works, and a ridiculous childish response when things don’t go their way.

You would think having won so much in the game Alex Ferguson could now attempt to win things with a bit of dignity and class – it would appear not.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You, JY, see it is as some kind of harmless “fortress ManU” thing – many others see it as bullying and putting referees under pressure.

i donts see it as harmless at all but it is what he does. Refs are under immense pressure for sure but they could help themselves by getting big decisions correct, talking after matches [ I know they are not allowed] and having help from technology – see cricket, Rugby and Tennis for example

I think you ought to take a look at Rugby to see how referees should be treated, eh? But, hey, you know that already

You are spot on it would be much better to see this. The refs often get the blame for being conned by players who have deliberately cheated with managers who condone their own players/team doing this and berating others /refs who do[or fall for] the same. We should be more annoyed at the players /teams than the refs.
    Footy does need to sort this out, embracing new technology, punitative measures for cheating [players and managers] and some actual genuine respect for managers would go along way to helping.
    Look at teh henri handball nothing happened afte rthat so why not cheat?
    Do any of us expect this to happen soon or think SAF/ManU alone are responsible?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Henry handball

Ah ****, you have to bring that up?

*riverdances around the living room in rage*

Junkyard
    Free Member

sorry that was not why I did that forgot 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah no worries – just laughing at my own bitterness really. 😳

I know, but broadly, I do agree with you that football (FIFA, UEFA chiefly) isn’t doing enough to sort all the problems out. I’d like to think that football fans here wouldn’t stand for what was going on in the first Real v Barcelona game – I saw that as a boiled down and condensed form of everything that’s wrong. Wonderfully talented players behaving terribly, managers even worse, etc etc. I don’t honestly think refs can do anymore now without the aid of technology though. Tennis, Rugby (there I go again, lol), Cricket, American Football have all embraced it. I can’t see why footie just plain won’t. The “keeping it the same as the Sunday league game” argument doesn’t wash with me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you are correct but the cheating by players is also shocking. The refs need help to get it right but cheating and disrespectful players need proper punishments to stop this. It is hard to believe that managers are not either encouraging this or turning a blind eye to it.
    Yes the barca real game was shocking..over here we would have just had a proper ruck and actualy thrown elbows etc …not sure that is better tbh.
    Root and branch urgery recquired

edhornby

it’s not video replays, hawkeye tech for ball over the line etc, the easiest method to give the power back to the referees is to simply mic them up – let the little kiddies hear their beloved rooney’s and Terry’s bad language

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Alex Ferguson welcomes Howard Webb as ref for Chelsea game…’ is closed to new replies.