Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Aldi – Sunday
  • druidh
    Free Member

They are doing a lightweight, water-repellent jacket that looks to have some insulation in it. A bit like a Montane Prism if the photo is to be believed. £19.99.

Might be useful as a spare layer during the colder months, especially if you are caught out with a mechanical somewhere.

I love my Prism but they are a good bit more expensive…..

Oh – they are also doing “Caravan Cleaner” for £3/Litre.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Do they sell the color matched jeans…

allthepies
    Free Member

They’re the rather excellent thermal trousers 🙂

Bargin for a tenner

http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_27145.htm

ThePinkster

You sure it’s insulated? Doesn’t say so in the description on the website –

Don’t be caught out by the weather – just unpack your outdoor lightweight jacket (it rolls up into one of the pockets) and carry on.

Adjustable sleeve cuffs
    Ladies available in: Black with Pink contrast and lining in sizes S-L
    Men’s available in: Olive with Red contrast in sizes M-XL

druidh
    Free Member

They’re not jeans – they are

Thermal Outdoor Trousers

druidh
    Free Member

I was going by the “quilted” look of the jacket

that looks to have some insulation in it

patriotpro
    Free Member

Is the girl included?

anotherbike
    Free Member

Thank god it’s got reflective piping. I’ll have to rush out and get one in the morning. Not!!!

funkrodent

Hmmm. Those who know, know that you can pick up some really quite good stuff from Aldi, for very little exchange of the hard-earned. Its all German you see and they do have a small reputation for the quality of their produce. Of course, if your main priority is the logo on your chest, then it’s probably not for you…

composite
    Free Member

Might this be good as an “off the bike” jacket after a long day in the saddle bike packing?

muddyman
    Free Member

Had bits from them in the past and supprised how good it was for the money. Plus they are cheeper than the local offy which makes for a worthwhile trip me thinks !!

colournoise

Got some nice treated leather rigger boots from them today for winter dog walking (I don’t do wellies). 17 quid.

tthew

Meanwhile, in Man’s Special buys….

If only I had a man’s 35amp socket to go with it. 😥

druidh
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the Montane Prism, then that’s exactly what you’d want it for!

shakers
    Free Member

They look happy in that pic. Maybe this jacket is the key to a happy life, think I’ll get one.

composite
    Free Member
    Northwind

I approve of the artistically arranged thermos.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

did anyone buy the jacket?

portydave
    Free Member

Aye, it’s pretty good for £20 jacket. Obviously not as good as my primaloft rab number, but fine for going to the pub and dossing around in

mauja
    Free Member

I didn’t buy one but know someone who did, they’ve also still got them in the Aldi near me.

It is padded, it’s actually very similar to my Gore Countdown insulated jacket but without the pockets in the back and the high price tag.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

if there is one in a large i would like it ….please 😉

hora
    Free Member

No offence meant here -I’m no Gok Wan but jesus are you letting go off all style? You might as well roll around in TKMaxx then go to the pub afterwards?

binners

Fashion criticism from Hora? That really should have the alarm bells ringing!

Having said that… buying clothes from the next isle to the onions is only one step removed from ordering them from the back of the Mail Sunday supplement. Its a slippery slope 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I approve of the artistically arranged thermos.

LOL!

Those jackets are a bit 1976 even for me though…..

hora
    Free Member

Binners I bumped into Ian Brown on Saturday. You and him could be twins dress-wise.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hora for chopping wood in i don’t give a flying **** what you think

hora
    Free Member

zilog6128

Its all German you see and they do have a small reputation for the quality of their produce.

You’re telling me all their discount clothing is made in Germany and not Asia/Far East?

diawl2
    Free Member

Crane Sports clothing is manufactured by Polaris, at least that’s what a Greyville rep told me. I’ve never had a problem with their clothing. I’ve got two bamboo fibre T shirts which I’ve had for a few years now. They’re fantastic as base layers and have kept their shape and soft ‘handle’. Snowboarding/skiing socks are excellent too.
    ETA their colour choices/combinations often leave a lot to be desired, IMHO.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Aldi – Sunday’ is closed to new replies.