Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Aldi Bib Shorts
  • allan23
    Free Member

Tried a search as I suspected it’s been asked but nothing came up.

Was shopping in the local Aldi yestereday and noticed the bib shorts. Pad seemed a bit thin, but they looked not too bad for £24. Bright red but I usually wear my baggies over the top to save the world from MAMIL terror.

I had an Aldi Windproof a few years ago that was woefully bad so haven’t tried any of the recent gear. It certainly seemed better than it has been.

Anyone used the bib shorts, any good?

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Haven’t looked at the more recent offerings but my go-to longs for winter MTB use came from Aldi.

They’ve been fully as good as the pricier Gore bib longs I bought for winter roadie rides.

I can’t tell the difference between the pads on them.

I think their stuff is gradually improving year-on-year.

stumpy01

I bought a pair of their winter leggings a couple of years back & the pad in them was shockingly bad. It was like wearing an unfolded nappy in my crotch.

When the bib shorts were on sale a while back, I was a bit sceptical but the pad felt much better material with more padding & they made a big thing about it being an Italian designed pad – Gordana, perhaps??
    Whatever, they are now my preferred bib shorts after my expensive Lusso shorts – way better than the budget dhb ones that I’ve got.

It’s a grey pad with clearly defined sections to it & a memory foam type feel to it.

RustySpanner

Have had a few pairs for a while.

I think they’re ok, but the Decathlon ones are noticeably better quality through out, for much the same money.

Nicer pad (the stitching on the Aldi ones rub after a few hours) and they just seem a bit more substantial.

Garry_Lager

Like Aldi stuff in general but don’t rate the bibs – seem a strange fit for me and don’t like the material / badly stitched. Found the pad OK though – that was from last year so possibly they have changed.

Agree with Rusty Spanner that the decathlon range is miles better.

benp1

2 pairs of Aldi bib shorts, those italian padded ones as mentioned above. Mine are plain black with a 3 inch wide blue stripe down each leg

I wear them most days (2 pairs, 2 day return commuting trips each)

I really rate them, comfy and well fitting. I’m generally doing up to an hour on each trip though so it’s not a massive test. But they’ve held up well to regular washing

Saves me using 2 pairs of Gore bib shorts for the commute, but to be honest, they’re probably on par with them and I rarely wear padded shorts for MTB stuff anyway and don’t do any road riding so my Gore shorts don’t get worn much

[hmmm, might start wearing them a bit more now I think about it]

Riksbar

Try Start Cycles for Scott and other bib shorts at Aldi prices. Does help if you’re a fat knacker like me though.

stumpy01

Rusty Spanner – Member

Have had a few pairs for a while.

I think they’re ok, but the Decathlon ones are noticeably better quality through out, for much the same money.

It must be a personal preference thing, because I got a pair of decathlon shorts based on favourable things I’d heard about them & they were rubbish; the pad was way to big & just folded along the middle, rather than forming to the shape of my rear-end. It was like riding with a wedge of foam forced in your arse crack….perhaps they’ve changed the design of their pads since….

allan23
    Free Member

Ta, might give them a go if they have some in next trip.

Moses

Most stuff I’ve had from Aldi is fine.
    I split the zip on the bib shorts I bought, at the very first try-on. I’m not that clumsy, so they went right back.

edhornby

I would get the own brand ones from merlin, go to the middle the range one at £30 and you get power lycra and a nicer pad. Don’t skimp on bum/seat interface especially for road bikes

The aldi stuff can be good but there isn’t a pattern of quality I’ve found, socks and gloves are winners

Junkyard
    Free Member

I rate all the aldi kit but th shorts are the weakest

Recent offerings are ok for about three hours but not all dayers
    Don’t wear bibs but I assume they are the same

OK basically not exceptional

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Aldi Bib Shorts’ is closed to new replies.