Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • ALDI bargains, what did you get?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

twin bike stand, pair of winter long socks, winter cycling jacket, 3 pairs of winter gloves, some compression legging thingies, bottle and cage (cheaper than buying a new cage on its own!) 😀

can’t use the bike stand until housemate moves out as we’ll be able to clear extra bike space in the kitchen, but if its the same quality as the workstand i bought last year then i’ll be happy!

to all the STWers in the reading Aldi on the bath road this morning, i was the smiley chap in shorts sporting the fetching tattoos 🙂

what bargains did you manage to grab?

domwells27
    Free Member

Just had my first aldi cycling gear experience. It was pretty busy and started getting a bit manic! couldn’t believe how many people were there waiting for it to open

Picked up a winter cycling jacket, pair of gloves and waterproof trousers. Time will tell if they’re any good

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nothing, as its cheap pikey tat. 😕

zbonty

Is it that time again?

Got a long sleeve zip up jacket or two last year. Great for my daily commute.
    Fair amount of poop there too

donsimon
    Free Member

Nothing, as its cheap pikey tat.

Is it really tat, or have you just been suckered into believing the marketing bollox? It’s cheap for a reason too, Aldi not just the cycling gear.
    I’ll put your overwhelming ignorance down to a bit of Thursday morning trolling. 😕

nbt

You;ll get banned for saying it;s pikey, that’s a verboten word in STWLand

I Is Pikey though, I’ve loads of aldi gear. Not bought anything today as I’ve got more than enough from last time, and the time before, and the time before that, and the time before that…

GW
    Free Member

Nothing, as its cheap ugly tat.

+1

don’t really care why it’s cheap when it looks shit

philconsequence
    Free Member

each to their own 🙂 i’m not overly fussed how i look on a bike… i ride with friends and they’ve all seen me in a battered old dressing gown

Taff
    Free Member

I won’t lie I thought the same until I risked buying a coat and I have worn it loads. It’s doesn’t look bad at all and has outperformed a lot of my expensive coats so I bought another today and some gloves. I’m not too worried about what I wear but when it’s freezing outside I want to be warm and this stuff is sorting me out a treat.

greggparker9
    Free Member

Socks and compression stuff, worth giving them a try for the price.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GW

don’t really care why it’s cheap when it looks shit

I didn’t have you down as vain 🙂

I got a dayglow jacket, a pair of shoes and a couple of pairs of trousers. Winter commute sorted

yunki
    Free Member

I didn’t have you down as vain

GW earlier today..

Jamie
    Free Member

Picked up a winter jacket, as they awesome last year, and it appears they have messed with the design. It now has a chunky seam across the back, which to my delicate sensibilities, annoyed my back just trying it on.

Went the new-ish Aldi for a change and it was empty.

kudos100
    Free Member

I went a bit overboard a bought, two winter shirts, one winter jacket, two compression tops, two pairs of gloves, two pairs of socks and a pair of waterproof trousers 😳

I think the compression tops and winter jacket will be going back though. The compression tops are itchy and a bit cheap and nasty and not totally convinced about the winter jacket……..

dufresneorama
    Free Member

winter jacket, winter top, 5 pairs of socks and pair of gloves

chvck
    Free Member

Jealous! We don’t have an aldi 🙁

ski
    Free Member

Well I picked up a couple of the winter jacket, I have been using one for the last 2-3 winters to commute with and its been great for this time of year.

Dont give a flick if its

cheap ugly tat

it does the job for me.

Forgot about the socks, might have to ride past again tonight and pick up a few more sets if there are any left.

Jamie
    Free Member

I should add I did get winter shirts, winter jacket, compression tops and bottoms all in 2 different sizes so I could try it on at leisure and return later.

Also got a pair of gloves….why, I don’t know as have 2 pairs already.

I reckon everything but the small winter shirt will be going back though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t really care why it’s cheap when it looks shit

Yes all cycling gear is stunning except ALDI stuff

derekrides
    Free Member

I’m making a list you’re all going on it.

peath
    Free Member

Nice to have inadvertently met you Phil! 🙂 I managed to pick up a few bargains (with some help from my son)… but forgot about socks!

kudos100
    Free Member

Anyone rate the compression tops? I tried one on but it felt itchier than a very itchy thing.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 hi Peath! think we made the right choice by hitting up bath road instead of the town centre one!

it started getting busy by the bike stuff by the time i got to the till

swoosh
    Free Member

Got myself a pair of mudguards and a socks. Was tempted to get a blue winter jacket to give me a change from the excellent red one i bought last year and love. will try the mudguards on the commuter bike and if they feel and look good might go back for another set for one of the MTBs.

Glad i didn’t go for the compression tops if they’re itchy as hell.

30% Merino top anyone?

Jamie
    Free Member

Glad i didn’t go for the compression tops if they’re itchy as hell.

IMHO they are not too bad.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The Gloves are the best bargain – £4.99!

I’ve still got my pair from 2 yrs ago. They’ve done 2 winters (inc 2 Strathpuffers).

The long sleeve winter jerseys are good too – have a couple still going strong after 2-3yrs.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I have the compression top and leggings from last year, used extensively for on and off bike thermal wear. Give it a few washes and it’s no longer itchy, at least mine isn’t.

I’m stuck at work, roll on lunchtime and hope the bike stands are still at my local!

disco_stu
    Free Member

Yeah the trousers and gloves are bargains, mine got me through commuting in the past two winters

LoCo
    Free Member

Compression top and leggings to see if they’re any good and a couple of micro fibre towels to leave in the van.
    Incidentally I’ve got a 3 year old gillet which is still working nicely except for the zip on the rear pocket.

Was dissapointted that they seem to have made their ‘Jive’ bar fun size 👿

GlitterGary
    Free Member

What’s the bike stand like? Is it sturdy?

DezB
    Free Member
    slackin101
    Free Member

Got a couple of the winter jackets (kicked myself for only buying one last year) and a winter jersey. There was a lot more stock left when I got there today than there was at the same time last year.

Didn’t see any socks though.

Rubber_Buccaneer

DezB – Member

Anyone get one of these?

I am so tempted, I can just imagine the threads that will be started by any STWers I pass on the trails. Just got to choose some top tunes.

SD-253
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member

They are selling clothing not pegs…….prick
    To busy to go as none anywhere near me. Skegvegas is a smalish town so could go there 20 miles on the backroads bit worried as there is a lot of cyclists there so maybe bugger all left. Other option Grimsby……no chance not cycle through there I find busy city to scary now..well the thought of them. I caan’t believe it just spoke to a mate he is working in Skegvegas!!!!!!!!

SD-253
    Free Member

PS are the winter jackets waterproof and breathable????

GlitterGary
    Free Member

And are the bike stands any good?

mastineo
    Free Member

Compression top and winter cycling jersey for me.
    Plus 6x750ml Hoegaarden @ £2.29/bottle.

lipseal
    Free Member

3 pair of gloves, 1 pair winter trousers and a merino wool top. All that for £43.95. Not bad TBH. 8)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I never realized how emotive cheap cycling tat clothes can be.

D0NK

Went in this morning for a dayglo waterproof for commutiong none in, said there was a screw up with order. Also said it was nationwide not just that (manchester arndale) store. Anyone confirm?

The red wind jackets are pretty good, got one last year only downside is the white stripe on the sleeve isn’t windproof 🙁 The previous black windproof is still my fave riding jacket ever, from chilly summer morning commutes to full on winter rides, brilliant.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘ALDI bargains, what did you get?’ is closed to new replies.