Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Aldi Action Camera – £30!
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Spotted the Aldi action cam today in my local Aldi store. Was almost tempted at £30 but I’m glad I didn’t bother.

Aldi Action Camera – Review

bikeneil
    Free Member

What did you expect for thirty quid?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

What did you expect for thirty quid?

Aldi are full of surprises.

geoffj

I’m struggling to believe that the video they put up is as good as it gets.
    I reckon they’ve either got a duff unit, or not set it up properly. If I didn’t have a SJ4000, I’d be tempted to give one a try.

cp

That’s surely not right.

project
    Free Member

The same camera is sold by many retailers got mine from Staples and sold as a Rollie ,works well, easy to use does good vids, and has a crap mounting bkt mine snapped off, but cheaper than a go pro.

Try one and see, aldi have a refund policy if youre not happy as does Argos and others.

stumpy01

I saw this about a week ago and went searching for reviews.

I found one of a bloke attaching it to a motorbike and a decent length video of him riding round the streets – I think it was Australia.

The video was actually pretty good. A bit smeary & because it was attached to the fairing on the bike it was quite bumpy but you could see that there was potential and for £30 it looked pretty good.

A lot better than in that video, anyway…

project
    Free Member

also sold as a Rollie youngster, or a Vivitar from Argios

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Perhaps the memory card is not the fastest ? A better (faster) card may give better results ?

timmys

I got given one as a present. The video quality is way better than that in the review (using the included memory card). But, having said that, the video quality of the SJ4000 is significantly better for only a fiver more.

Stupid little video I made with it;
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieIa1W8hXRE&spfreload=10[/video]

paulosoxo
    Free Member

everything except the stuff that has the time in the corner was shot on one of those, it’s not great, but it’s not awful either.

[video]https://youtu.be/rp0Y-BZqtic[/video]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Aldi Action Camera – £30!’ is closed to new replies.