Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Alcoholic drinks that are like being stoned ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Work banter this morning is what alcoholic drinks can have the same feeling as being stoned ?

So far the best we have is certain red wines !

It’s all about the endorfi thingymyjig !?!?

Any help greatly appreciated

fasthaggis

Vodka and Rohypnol

tjagain

Absinthe? the real stuff with plenty of wormwood in it.

mattyfez

I saw a program where the absinthe/wormwood myth got busted, the concentration is far too small, even in the ‘proper’ stuff you can’t buy in this country.
    The old stories are more attributed the the drinker being a) a bit loopy/inbred and b) very pissed.

Dark rum has a very mellow drunkenness to me, but not really stoned I wouldn’t say.

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve had plenty of drinks which make it feel like I’ve had rocks thrown at my head.

Oh, sorry, wrong kind of stoned.

maccruiskeen

Hairspray and milk

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hops are related to marijuana, and a few have flavours/aroma described as ‘dank’, ‘resinous’, ‘funky’ and ‘herbal’.

Which is underhand for ‘smells like it should be getting you high’. Unfortunately it doesn’t, but you can brew with cannabis too.

milleboy
    Free Member

Buckfast……..

qwerty
    Free Member

It’s not the type, it’s the quantity, enough of either and you’ll eventually end up as a sloppy molten mess on the floor.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Tequila and Absinthe both definitely have a different ‘up’ kind of effect on me, compared to other alcohol.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Yes Tequila/Mezcal has a ‘different’ effect than the usual booze 😆

jontykint
    Free Member

I find that lighting a wineglass of sambuca, letting it burn a few seconds, then tipping it out into another glass while upturning the wineglass onto the table, necking the sambuca then sucking the sambuca fumes out of the upturned wineglass with a straw gets me a bit high.

Sambuca vapourisers we call em, had a fair few wonky nights on them !

allan23
    Free Member

You get the effect of alcohol from alcohol.

Best way to experience other effects is vodka + other substance.

Reality is you will get a lot of headaches trying to find out.

teethgrinder

Weston’s Reserve in a good way – 2-3 bottles @8.2%

Newcastle Brown Ale in a bad way – can’t remember the ABV, but I turn into a nasty drunk on it. I don’t drink it any more.

alpin
    Free Member

I’m shocked and appalled that we should even be considering things that get you high…. I Bett you think nothing of driving your car the next day, either, do you….?

Someone recently gave me a bottle of their home brewed cannabis beer.
    I was a wreck. Fell asleep in the workshop.

bluebird
    Free Member

Old Rosie cider has a ‘stoned’ drunk feeling, so I’m told

colournoise

Old Rosie just leads to a very drunk drunk feeling for me…

Stoner
    Free Member

Stella. One does not get simply drunk on Stella, there’s some other potion in that stuff that effects you differently IMO

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Blimey @old Rosie….you know how sometimes you can drink a couple and feel drunk, whilst other times, you can drink all night?
    One night in the ‘moon, I was having a session with a buddy of mine who has hollow legs……9 pints of Rosie later, I was feeling fine and we decided to trot over the road to the local ‘late’ establishment……in the 5 minutes it took to get over there, I lost the ability to even sit down…..I fell off the stools, then the chairs, then finally the floor…

Done me like a kipper!

teethgrinder

That would be the fresh air sniper, not the cider.

mattyfez

I find that lighting a wineglass of sambuca, letting it burn a few seconds, then tipping it out into another glass while upturning the wineglass onto the table, necking the sambuca then sucking the sambuca fumes out of the upturned wineglass with a straw gets me a bit high.

Wouldn’t that fall more under the sniffing solvents whilst drunk category, lol!

voodoo_chile

Gt85 and vinegar

nickc

Mutzig?

tomhoward

We used black aftershock and sambucca, then snorted the vapour. Gas chambers we called them. Harsh AF though!

The strawberry sakl margarita jugs I’ve been drinking the last few nights have had a different effect, as some have eluded to above, a more mellow drunkeness, a most enjoyable experience

gobuchul
    Free Member

Mutzig?

I quite like Mutzig, I have a couple of the very smart branded glasses at home.

Primus on the other hand, almost no effect when drinking it and raging headaches the next day!

A big Skol Malt always goes down well.

For “tripiness” Tequila and Thatchers cider do it for me.

twisty

Green Dragon

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

a few peaty whiskys get me in a lazy mellow mood. Too many and I have a whitey.

senorj

Four pints of Guinness used to work for me. I think that gives a more mellow form of inebriation.Not drank it for years though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Champagne always used to feel very different from other alcohol for me, but I haven’t had any alcohol for 27 years 😆

giantalkali
    Free Member

Doesn’t all alcohol have the same effect, the effect of alcohol? how about legal highs? Mm tasty, if the scumbags of my town are to be believed.

Don’t blame a certain type of booze for making you act a certain way, you got drunk and acted like a tit.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Don’t blame a certain type of booze for making you act a certain way, you got drunk and acted like a tit.

I’m not sure I agree. After years as a bar manager, there are certain drinks that make people behave in different ways. Beer makes me think I can dance, red wine makes me chat incessantly– I know there’s a chicken / egg situation as to demographics and which drink they choose vs what a particular drink does to someone. Anecdotal evidence over several years makes me think that there is a correlation between different drinks and different behaviours.

We put a 1/8th into a bottle of tequila when we moved into our student house. Shots of it 2 years later when we left definitely got us drunk and stoned. Does alcohol act as a solvent on the THC?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Dark Rum’s make me a happy mellow drunk. Cider an overactive stupid drunk and everything else and I’m fast asleep.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m not sure I agree. After years as a bar manager, there are certain drinks that make people behave in different ways. Beer makes me think I can dance, red wine makes me chat incessantly- I know there’s a chicken / egg situation as to demographics and which drink they choose vs what a particular drink does to someone. Anecdotal evidence over several years makes me think that there is a correlation between different drinks and different behaviours.

It’s probably true that different drinks have different effects on people, but I think it’s mostly social conditioning. If you go out for a night of Carling and Aftershocks you probably expect to get drunk, abuse girls and start a fight. If you drink red wine you expect to be chatty. In the same way you can get people drunk on alcohol free beer if you don’t tell them it is.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Alcoholic drinks that are like being stoned ?’ is closed to new replies.