Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alcohol free zone.
  • soops
    Free Member

After reading a few threads on here, and having a rancid hangover one sunday morning that ruined a ride.
    I decided to give no alcohol ago.
    4 weeks today.
    Funny thing is i don't really miss it!
    That's it
    8)

Drac

Lost a few rides through it, most of them recent years as I can't recover like I could and well out of practice. Still not giving it up though.

noteeth
    Free Member

It's there if you need it…

oldgit
    Free Member

Gave it up at Christmas, but had two small ciders forced onto me since.

Drac

If it's Carlsberg you need then your better off giving up.

juan
    Free Member

Teatotal since birth 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

Lost a few rides through it, most of them recent years as I can't recover like I could and well out of practice. Still not giving it up though.

Likewise, I think there's a balance between drinking so much that you can't ride in the morning and total abstinence. No need to give up. Just moderate it.

soops
    Free Member

noteeth – I know it is, but i sleep better without it.

Plus i have lost an inch off my waist!

noteeth
    Free Member

If it's Carlsberg you need then your better off giving up.

I don't – personally – need Carlsberg. But even just thinking about the ending of Ice Cold in Alex is enough to make me thirsty. 😀

grim168
    Free Member

Gave up for lent. (not a christian) Didn't miss it one bit but got sick of people asking if I did. Drink again now but sometimes wonder why.

soops
    Free Member

Not saying it is going to be forever, but just not missing it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Gave it up for about 6 months, didn't lose any weight, didn't miss it, just cleared out the wine cellar (aka 'man cave, aka 'the garrage'). I do tend to get 'drunk' rather than just have 'a drink' though so it was good to completely get over it for a few months.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alcohol free zone.’ is closed to new replies.