Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alarming a garage? Tips/
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Anyone had much success with this?

I’ve got a prefab garage that I’ve decided is never going to be so secure that a determined criminal can’t get in. My bikes are ground anchored with a fairly inpenetrable lock but I’ve decided having a decent baseball bat under my bed and an alarm on the garage is another good step at keeping my bikes safe

Budget £100-£200 to alarm and install (there’s already power in the garage if that helps)

I don’t even know where to start… any pointers in the right direction? Anyone done this successfully?

Last thing I want is spiders and moths setting it off though.

Paul

tomhoward

Alarming a garage? Tips/

Jump out and shout ‘Boo!’?

igmc

chilled76
    Free Member

That actually made me laugh… shows how boring my day is today!

Nobby

I used a Wireless house alarm with contacts on doors & window – it is armed using a remote key fob type thingy so there’s no entry/exitdelay. The one time someone tried to break in it went off & they legged it.

Something like this.

carloz
    Free Member

You can also program the wireless sensors to beep everytime a door opens so you can monitor it without the alarm being on during the day.

qwerty
    Free Member

subsidence

that should alarm it!

Sam

I’ve got the Nobby approach as well. No motion sensors inside as that is what will give you problems with moths etc.

jim575

My prefab garage was broken into last week. After failing at the back door they removed one of the roof panels.
    It was a cheap pir alarm that alerted me to somthing going on.
    I have now ground all of the bolt heads down on the roof and added another alarm to stop it happening again.

Multiple alarms which go off in the garage and the house are the way to go. I use the cheap Defender brand ones from CPC, never had any problems with spiders etc triggering them.
    The more methods of securing and the more noise you can make the better.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I have mine hooked to the house alarm.

both doors have sensors and a PIR aswell.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alarming a garage? Tips/’ is closed to new replies.