Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Alan Pardew
  • waynekerr
    Free Member

Sacked by West Ham, sacked by Southampton, he now gets the Newcastle job, what are they thinking?
    A football manager must be the only job where when you get sacked for being rubbish, you get a better job.

woody2000

Shamelessly nicked from elsewhere:

“We’ve got pardew and we’ll cry if we want to, cry if we want to.

You would cry too if you had pardew”

I think you know the tune to sing it to!

warton
    Free Member

Its a very strange decision. I still can’t work it out, all I can think is its jobs for the boys…

I don’t really blame him tbh, but neither Ashley or Lambias daring to show up for the press conference is shocking, so much for supporting your new manager!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL, actually lots of LOL’s is that LLOL or LOLZ or RAOFLMAO.

Back to the Championship with you!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

5.5 year contract for a manager with a arguably a worse record than Hughton. Madness…

Junkyard
    Free Member

even by football standards this is a bonkers decison and may well cost them Premiership survival

MSP

iirc, He was sacked a bit unfairly by West Ham, don’t know what happened at Southampton. But I don’t see him doing any better than Hughton.

I used to quite like the Toon when they had Keegan in charge, the club and fans seemed loyal and fun. Now the fans expect more than they deserve and are quick to turn on the players and manager. Ashley seems a right tool though.

greyman
    Free Member

🙁

help !

warton
    Free Member

Now the fans expect more than they deserve and are quick to turn on the players and manager

Maybe in the past, but relegation gave the majority of us a kick up the backside, I, along with pretty much every other newcastle fan I know would of been very happy with 17th place this season.

Unfortunately I can’t see that happening now

Junkyard
    Free Member

He was sacked a bit unfairly by West Ham

In the 2006–07 season Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included a League Cup defeat to Chesterfield

what they should have let him get the worst ever record before acting ?

nickc

It’s crazy isn’t it? I’ve yet to see a creditable explanation about what Pardew’s got that Hughton didn’t. Like most fans I reckon mid table would have been fine this year. Sort of feel sorry for Pardew really, can’t be easy knowing that the terraces are going to calling out Hughton’s name for 90 mins.

Mind you Pardew’s comments about Newcastle being a “Top five club” means he’ll probably fit in quite well into Ashley’s La-la land…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junkyard 😆

I was gutted that Hughton was forced out of Spurs backroom with Ramos. With any luck Redknapp’ll have him back where he belongs.

MSP

Junkyard – Member

In the 2006–07 season Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included a League Cup defeat to Chesterfield

what they should have let him get the worst ever record before acting ?

Didn’t he get them promoted, and a respectable finish the season before? iirc (and I could be wrong) they sacked him before christmas while he still had plenty of time to turn things around. Moyes could have been sacked a couple of times in a similar position, but the club let him get on with the job, don’t make any snap decisions, and subsequently he tends to do well with small resources.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Newcastle United – the African dictatorship of the footballing world (well them and Hearts)

Junkyard
    Free Member

think your recall is mainly accurate MSP but not sure it was unfair at the time – they did end up relegated after his start – Newcastle look[ed] unlikely to do that under hughton who hads, a more clear cut case, of being unfailry sacked.
    Not exactly the big name Premiership experienced manager they bigged up is he? More a mate with an averga to poor record in all management.

carbon337
    Free Member

Saturday will be fun:

“welcome your new manager Alan Pardew”
    Fans – BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You can shove your £@$%&*@ Pardew up your @£%$………………….

Jobs for the boys after all – pleased I jacked my season ticket in a few years back.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s just another saga in the soap opera that Newcastle United has become.

Still, it could have been worse, Ashley could have appointed a certain other Alan to get the club relegated.

Oh…

carbon337
    Free Member

Someone mentioned above the fans forcing them out – hold on we didnt force KK, SA, CH, even JFK get his chance but his heart got rid of him thank god.

The thing is the fans can do nothing about it – dont show and protest and the team dives through league – or you go along with it.

I think it will happen at a few more clubs with rich owners – they can do what they want after all.

warton
    Free Member

to be fair carbon, the fans (me included) didn’t give Allerdyce, Dalglish or Souness much of a chance.

carbon337
    Free Member

Yeah dalglish and souness I’ll give you those two. SA, nobody liked him not even ashley so all agreed it was bye bye time.

David Moyes was our man IMO – given him 10 years and we would have had stability.

Jamie
    Free Member

But it’s one of the top five clubs in England. It’s a daunting prospect but something I couldn’t turn down.”

-beeb

Erm…you sure Alan?

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Rumor around s’hampton was he got a bit too friendly with a players wife.
    Not tea and scones friendly either.

BoardinBob

“But it’s one of the top five clubs in England. It’s a daunting prospect but something I couldn’t turn down.”

-beeb

Erm…you sure Alan?

Therein lies the problem.

Deluded Geordies that think because they came 2nd in the Premiership in recent memory that they’re somehow part of the English clubs.

Isn’t it about 70 years since they last won anything? 😆

mendip
    Free Member

I can see them going down now, there will be on moral spirit with the players so back down to Championship for the next few years until fatboy Ashley leaves.
    🙁

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Who put the ball in the scousers net?
    Al, Al.
    Super Alan Pardew.
    Super, Super Al,
    Super, Super Al,
    Super Alan Pardew.

He’ll always be loved round my way.

I think his overall record at West Ham wasn’t too shabby and didn’t he nearly get Southampton into the play-offs despite a massive point deduction last season?

I do think the decision to sack Hughton though is just crazy. Promoted as Champions in his first season and a reasonable mid-table position in the premier – what did the guy have to do to keep his job?

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m a Liverpool fan and I don’t give a jackshit about history – it’s now that counts and NO team has the right to think they’re one of the top teams unless they can do the deed. Newcastle I’m afraid BELIEVE they are still a top team and as much as I admire Shearer he’s living in a dream world as are lot of Geordies who think because they pull in over 40,000 fans that they should be at the top. Get real boys, it doesn’t work like that! Football is a team sport and more so these days, problems in the boardroom and with owners can bring any club down as was nearly the case at Anfield which still isn’t right.
    CH is a fantastic person, who’s repected everywhere he’s been not only as a player but coach and manager and I truly hope he goes on to somewhere else – even Spurs – and succeeds. Ashley is an utter tosser of the highest order and is non appearance today proves he has no idea whatsoever how to run a club. I genuinely feel sorry for the Castle fans who see their club for what it is as they deserve better.

Wookster

Nimrod +1……….. 8)

johnfb
    Free Member

Now the fans expect more than they deserve and are quick to turn on the players and manager.

There’s a lot of rubbish talked about “the fans”. The folks with “big club delusions” are the lazy journos who can’t be fecked to write a proper story.

And Alan Pardew it seems 🙄

Kunstler

It seems that in a sequence of bafflingly poor/unrealistically optimistic appointments – every third one (or so) is to appease the fans. Inevitably I foresee the phoenix like rise again of Gazza. Of course it will end once again in… ashes tears …Ashley. (sorry)

Actually I’v just looked at list of Newcastle managers and in his 64 games in charge Hughton’s percentage of games won is 59%. Which on those terms makes him the most successful manager the club has ever had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newcastle_United_F.C._managers

grannygrinder
    Free Member

As far as i’m aware he left/was punted out of Southampton due to a severe clash of personalities with the son of the recently deceased chairman.
    Shame he went when he did as Saints had turned a corner(finally) and were on the up.
    Good luck to him, but if he doesn’t have money to spend in the January transfer window he’s stuffed.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Rumor around s’hampton was he got a bit too friendly with a players wife.
    Not tea and scones friendly either.

Same rumour at West Ham – friendly with a players wife who was then transferred out in closed season. Super injunction against the papers that were going to print it due to his wife being extremely unwell.

He was one of my favourite managers there, but the situation had become quite untenable by the end – a clique of players had been allowed too much power, the manager was spending more time in the courts hushing up the rumours than he was on the pitch, while buying himself nice ferraris on the side.

Allegedly, of course. But it was hardly an unfair sacking when you look at that combined with the results on the pitch.

lister

I’m a Newcastle supporter, exiled to Wales but with many many links to season ticket holders.

NONE, 0, not one, at all, in the slightest, think that Newcastle are a ‘top 5’ club. We would all have been happy to stay in the premier league for the next 5-10 years, maybe occasionally worrying a genuine top 6 team and having a decent cup run.

Just so long as we didn’t get relegated again.

That is all.

Yes, we have a decent sized stadium, which we can fill quite easily, and yes there isn’t another team in town, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN WE BELIEVE THAT WE SHOULD WIN THE LEAGUE…ever!

A few fat, daft, unemployed idiots always plonk themselves in front of St James whenever there is a crisis (weekly!) and talk crap to any journalist who will listen…they are not representative of the majority of supporters.

Just had to get that off my chest!

If ever a club hs the potential to be supporter owned and run it’s Newcastle, but there doesn’t ever seem to be enough of a natural leader to sort it out properly.

Never mind Pardew at the Toon – I want to see the OP banned for swear filter avoidance in the form of his username

Mods……

chewkw
    Free Member

Is this a tactic for trying to sell the club again?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Alan Pardew’ is closed to new replies.