Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • airsoft guns help
  • crankboy
    Free Member

I know that a few posters are members of the airsoft world i need an urgent answer about an air soft/bb hand gun. its an AK7576r, the question is are they legal in England i’m not concerned in relation to the immitation firearm point as i can deal with that my self . I’m more concerned with muzel velosity and length etc ability to fire more than one round at a time smoth bore.
    I do not have any specs for the AK757r so can’t work out the legal position myself so am asking on here to see if any one has a practical answer .

jahwomble
    Free Member

Why in the name of sweet zombie Jesus, how old are you?……do you have cammo pyjamas as well? you’d better have a good excuse for buying toy guns. imho anyway.:)

crankboy
    Free Member

jahwomble
    to show to a witness in court, 43 ,no ,yes.

jahwomble
    Free Member

ah fair enough, I apologize for taking the p**s then, carry on 🙂

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Not sure of the fps of that one specifically, but as long as its less than 1 Joules (about 300fps) and smooth bore it is considered a toy. In that instance all the other questions – length, rate of fire etc do not matter, as it is classified as a toy. Provided its UK purchased it would fit into that classification unless extensively modified, which if it went over those fps figures would be VERY illegal. If it is already owned there are no issues with regards to possession. If you were attempting to purchase etc you would need to be a member of an airsoft skirmish centre etc as per the requirements of the Violent Crime Bill. Obvious common sense of treating it as if it is a firearm would apply e.g cased in public areas etc.

crankboy
    Free Member

Thanks fu_manchu but i’am now a tad worried about it’s appearance as on a very quick reading of the violent crime reduction bill if it is a close replica of a real fire arm then bringing it in to the country at all would be a crime unless it was a red blue pink or see through, i’ve only found it on US sites so far. My current plan is to make a wooden blank to the same dimentions and show that.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

If you are bringing it into the country thats would not be simple. As I said new acquisitions would require you to be a registered user and then you would have to prove the power limit etc. Not something I would want to try myself.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘airsoft guns help’ is closed to new replies.