• This topic has 12 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GW.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Airports now open
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Seems like BA have managed to call their bluff at just turning up.

votchy
    Free Member

Surprise, surprise – financial pressure wins against human safety. Like how the buck has been passed too, the authority that shut the airspace are now saying that it is the airlines responsibility to insure passenger safety.

The americans are saying that the test flights are pointless as they should've been proper routes flying from a foreign destination in to uk air space and NATO have confirmed engine damage on F-16's that have flown through the dust.

plant
    Free Member

Best we all duck then …..

wwaswas

just seen the second contrail over Hove today. the skies are not exactly busy…

Notter
    Free Member

I'm as cynical as most and was very surprised at the apaprent haste of the reopening considering the messages coming through the media up until 10pm last night.

But considering the implications (PR really) of anything going wrong do you honestly think they'd have allowed it if the risk was that great? I know it's all a risk / payout balance calculation in the end but anything going wrong and subsequent lawsuits would surely run into the billions.

Mark (booked on a holiday to the Canaries departing Sunday, gulp…..)

cheers_drive

I'm flying to Barcelona tomorrow for work for 1 night, I'm not concerned about the plane coming down (I can't believe the gov or airlines would take the risk). I'm more concerned at getting stranded there if conditions change, there are worse places to get stranded but with just han luggage I'd rather not.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i dream of being stranded! hire a road bike? hire an mtb? just chillout in wherever you end up!

Bunnyhop

There were flights into Manchester airport yesterday and the day before ( we were under one of them). empty aircraft being brought in to get into position.

sofatester
    Free Member

No more quiet skies 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Surprise, surprise – financial pressure wins against human safety

Isn't that the case for a lot of stuff we do? Far more justification for shitting the roads than the airports if you're looking at things from a strict human safety POV.

footflaps

just got back from Madrid (well Douala, via Casablanca, then Madrid). Heathrow seems back to normal…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Heathrow seems back to normal…..

So kinda like a third world airport then… 😀

GW
    Free Member

airports were never closed 😕

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Airports now open’ is closed to new replies.