Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • airport parking, executive lounges, free drinks etc etc……
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Schiphol’s got to be the easiest airport to kill 2 hours.

Yep, very easy. Walk between gates – that’s 2 hours at least. In fact, you’ll have to hurry.

lodious
    Free Member

The lounge at EMA is back in action after a refurb. It’s not bad, but they have a dress code, so no shorts etc. I don’t know if they have booze or if it’s dry (I fly in the morning, so not relevant to me). Free bacon / sausage baps if you ask at the bar. If your flying early in the morning, pay in advance for fast track….when EMA gets busy there aren’t enough machines to buy the fast track upgrades, so you have to queue to buy the fast track pass…which kind of defeats the object.If there has been an event in the area (bike racing or Download) the queues are horrendous through security.

I park in the Long Stay 2, which is easily walkable to the terminal, and reasonable. Book at least a few days in advance though….the booking system won’t recognise bookings made the weekend before a Monday flight :-(.

There is now a Dixons at EMA (maybe there always was?) which does decent deals on Apple stuff.

lodious
    Free Member

Depatures goes from being a ghost town in winter to the set if the Inbetweeners in the summer.

LOL….That perfectly describes it.

properbikeco
    Free Member

I’m still scarred by having to spend 16 hours in schipol due to messing up timings on a return transatlantic flight 10 years ago………….

shame I was skint – should have got train into rotterdam to kill some time

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You could have tried Amsterdam it’s a lot closer.

bruk

Only time I have used one was flying to Oz. Stopped in Singapore. Used Singapore airlines own lounge foc. Food, shower, a nap and somebody to wake me was great. Worst bit forgot to take fresh socks and had to buy new ones.

Nowadays fly only with the wife and kids so no point in bothering with such things.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nowadays fly only with the wife and kids so no point in bothering with such things.

What?

If anything, there’s even more reason to get to a lounge! Space, time, food, etc.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Found the reverse logic to normal advance parking a bit back at Edinburgh. Forgot to book the parking for a few days away so did it the night before, cheapest was the long stay which was previously the most expensive by a long shot down to a few quid below the usual off site parks.

Wouldn’t fancy leaving my car in Gogar for a few days, more so when the tram fares would cost more than the airport parking anyway (though South Gyle is good for park and ride duties)

geoffj

EMA is the only airport I’ve been in with its own bookies.

funkhouser
    Free Member

Mike, i travel on virgin trains first class Manc to Ldn every week and its great, you only need to do a busy journey in standard once in a while to appreciate 1st. also regards the drinks, it really depends on the staff member. some are jobsworths and limit you to two glasses, but we’ve had occasions where they have just left the bottle! although i tend to stick to G&T on the train because the beer is always too warm and the wine too cold. but the cooked breakfast is spot on too. The free wifi is utterly shite tho.

back on thread, we always use them meet & greet / valet parking jobs. its about £40 a week at Manchester. just drive up to departures, unload, then they drive off in your car and park it. you give em a bell when you land and they pitch up at arrivals for you. they even give it a wash while youre away.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never had an issue with the west coast, the XC service is a different lot and it’s pants.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks probably to this thread, I had a dream last night in which I’d booked my flights for work next week and for some reason the only flights available were with Virgin Atlantic (they don’t fly to regional Swedish airports). Then at a work function (I don’t have work ‘functions’) I bumped into Richard Branson and he had an app on his smartphone that he could use to upgrade anyone he felt like to First Class. The planes I go on don’t even have first class. I was rather looking forward to the first class lounge.. then I woke up..

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘airport parking, executive lounges, free drinks etc etc……’ is closed to new replies.