Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Air quality in kitchen
  • scotroutes

I’m getting a bit worried that the air in my kitchen isn’t good enough to make the sort of coffee I aspire to. I was wondering if anyone had installed their own air mix, potentially upping the level of nitrogen to improve the taste.

I’m also interested in whether sealing all of the doors and windows, then partially evacuating the atmosphere would reduce the boiling point far enough to improve flavour extraction from the bean.

My next project is an anti-gravity grinder.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I can’t even tell if this is a joke anymore such it the level of pretentiousness in the ‘coffee scene’.

scotroutes

Pretentious?
    Moi?

km79
    Free Member

I find the best way to get around all these issues is by using instant.

chickenman

Lay off pulses. Jerusalem artichokes a definite no no!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Buy Costa, saves kicking the wife out of the kitchen when she breaks wind IME.

iainc

Next thing you’ll be buying Barra Gin, distilled and bottled in London…….oh, hang on, wrong social medium 😀

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a vacuum grinder. The effect is… profound.

Cougar

You’re no longer a Mod.

Er, oh.

funkmasterp

Pft. You’re still making coffee yourself and in a kitchen? Get with the times man. Hand ground, in the garden by a Peruvian is how you get the best taste.

sbob
    Free Member

You are using bona fide Gold Blend?
    Not cheap hooky shite you picked up at the car boot?

fisha
    Free Member

Upping the nitrogen would only serve to assist in preserving the taste longer than if it were in normal air were you to want to keep the made coffee for a period of time after you made it ….. Which in the hipster hype world is a no no. If coffee has bean made (see what I did there?) It should be drunk at the time.

paladin

upping the nitrogen content in yer kitchen will reduce the oxygen content and you will die.
    reducing the pressure in your kitchen will limit the amount of time you can spend in there without getting the bends on exit of kitchen.

drink beer, its safer

martinhutch

I just crank open a nitrous canister which makes even supermarket Lavazza an other-worldly experience.

senorj

upping the nitrogen content in yer kitchen will reduce the oxygen content and you will die.

YES!
    We have nitrogen purged cabinets at work. Before we work in them they require alot of ventilation/gas detectors…there are always a few deadspots though, a lung full can make you quite woozy. Beware.

scotroutes

fisha – Member
    If coffee has bean made (see what I did there?) It should be drunk at the time.

For coffee to be drunk I would surely have to put whisky in it.

Ah – I see where you’re coming from (hic!)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

After Perchy and his miraculous egg poacher from B&M, I’d suggest a trip there to see if they sell a nitrogen coffee machine, for £1.49.

Ye never know….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Air quality in kitchen’ is closed to new replies.