Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • AHHH managed to bend 2 cogs on my SRAM PG991 (X0) cassette…. help
  • monsteryeti
    Free Member

Not sure how I have done it, been using these for the past few years. This one is 3 months old but I have ben the 2nd and 3rd god from the top so the chain does not work etc. I did have a magiclink go on me on the last ride so I can only imagine that this did it.

The cogs do not come off the carrier AFAIK, is it going to be a bin job or is there a way of sorting them?

F’iong expensive these things..!!!

(chain was bought at the same time and is not stretched)

Clobber
    Free Member

I did the same, bin job and shimano cassettes only for me, from now on

bigyinn
    Free Member

Given its a possible bin job, is there no way of bending them back? Might be worth a try, nothing to lose after all!

GW
    Free Member

I bend SRAM cassette sprockets too, they’re shite. Assuming you have your receipt you should be able to take it back under warranty. (so long as you don’t have to deal with the dumbass customer service people at CRC 😉 )

monsteryeti
    Free Member

No receipt, can’t even remember where I got it from as it was around the time of a bike build……! Doh.

Anyone want a PG991 with 1 bent cog……!

Special_ized_Jamie

Which cog is bent?

If its of the smaller ones I might take it off your hands. I have a 990 and the middle to top is pretty worn but the lower ones are like new. So could bodge them together I’m thinking

whippersnapper
    Free Member

wo, I was just about to try SRAM as I havent deviated from XT in years. I won’t now. But just to warn you I have bent the larger cogs on my latest XT cassette – absolutely no idea how.

Lucas
    Free Member

massive thighs!!!!! thats how, or not as the case maybe. Get XTR Ti ones, but if that bends too you’ll be very annoyed

Ambrose

I’ve straightened pg990s in the past.

@whippersnapper- I’ve seen chainwhips damage cassettes if they twist too much during cassette removal.

monsteryeti
    Free Member

yep MASSIVE THIGHS… and belly!

It was the 2 down from the largest one. Now in the spares drawer in the garage….. 😥

Gone XT via a price match from CRC by Evans Cycles, so saved £20 on cassette and £13 on the PG990 cross step chain to compliment it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘AHHH managed to bend 2 cogs on my SRAM PG991 (X0) cassette…. help’ is closed to new replies.