Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Aggressive XC vid
  • mushrooms
    Free Member
    james
    Free Member

So is that what aggresive XC is then?

Basic XC in the woods but jumping at EVERY oppurtunity
    They must have been knackered after all the jumping and manic pedalling, or rested in between shots

zaskar
    Free Member

🙂

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

james – Member
    So is that what aggresive XC is then?

Basic XC in the woods but jumping at EVERY oppurtunity

Yes, but just ignore the pre jumping, pumping, drifting etc they exchanged some form of unconventional handshake at the end of the clip, therefore they must wear baggy jeans and listen to strange music, which obviously means they are dangerous anti-establishment unemployed types . As much as the term “aggressive xc” is a bit of a joke around here (though not as big a joke as stw.com) the same trails can be ridden differently by different riders and we can in fact use the english language to describe those differences.

Had this video been posted by stw magazine or by a forum regular without mention of the word aggressive it would probably be hailed as the single best mtb clip ever.

james
    Free Member

I wasn’t trying to have a go at it, I just don’t really know what aggressive XC is supposed to mean.

I quite liked the video, Its a different take on riding that sort of terrain that doesn’t get seen all too often through (most of) the more XC UK mountain bike media

I just wish I was as physically fit and skilled
    Shame about the lack of anything remotely rocky though

stumpy01

Am I allowed to say that it does indeed look very, erm, German?!

Looks like they MUST go out and enjoy themselves on their bikes and because they learnt that pumping/hopping/jumping is what you do on a trail, they have done it at every opportunity.
    It’s hardly aggressive though – they went AROUND the puddles at around 2:15 😀 we always try to go through them for real aggression.

It doesn’t look like it flows very well with them jerking this way and that.

nickegg
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member
    Am I allowed to say that it does indeed look very, erm, German?!

Looks vey German? What the funk are you on about! Looks like people riding bikes and having fun to me. Using obvious bike skills to make the most of the terrain. Aggresive is such a bad term as they could have ridden alot slower, Agressive XC is how i could describe how i ride.

As for no rocks, perhaps there aren’t any!!!!!!

younggeoff

I quite liked the vid, just looks like the kind of riding we do in Beamish Woods, as for aggresive xc the jury’s still out on that one, makes me want to get out on my bike though which is a good thing 🙂

ianpv
    Free Member

Nice vid, good riding, looks fun. Call it what you like!

Stumpy01 – pumping/hopping/jumping IS a lot of fun, so I don’t really understand your comment really – they look smooth and flowing to me. Are they not just larking about enjoying the ride?

solamanda
    Free Member

Looks like a normal xc ride to me, nice video.

AverageMark
    Free Member

It’s 2 blokes riding their chuffing bikes ………… simple, i quite liked it, but i like riding my bike as well.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Echoing a couple of posts above, that looks like the sort of riding we do. Never knew it was Endurism.

What tyres for endurism?

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice video.

Was the thread title a bit of a troll though?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

They are riding bikes

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oooh they have the same tops and bags. They must be in a teem how cool. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Aggressive commuting?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Oh apparently I ride aggressive XC – well that Ok I’ll sleep so much better now – you can’t beat a nice pidgin hole

Nice vid though – don’t know why but it made me think of the Dirt vid (I think it was something about the music)

coffeeking
    Free Member

LOL Snap, looks pretty normal to me.

J0N
    Free Member

Looks like perfectly normal (start of*) riding to me!

*By the end I’m sat on my saddle all the way just bumping down everything.

robertyboberty
    Free Member

Nice video

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Crikey! Thats like whatching myself ride!

I must do aggresive XC?!

adstick
    Free Member

Just two (good) riders using the terrain properly…

Nice video of regular riding, rather than the usual nonsense

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

So all the aggressive xc riders are coming out of the closet!? ZOMFG how embarassing – you must all wear baggy troos and have dreads and exchange bro shakes and say ‘gnarly’ and ‘stoked’ at every opportunity?

*shakes head*

I am an “extreme aggressive downhill endurist” myself.

matt_outandabout

Gnargnar – you so totally rock, duuuuuude 8)

DezB
    Free Member

I got a little bit bored halfway through.

Isn’t it what MBR would call “Trail” riding?

“GETOUTMYF*%!#INGWAY!” Surely that would be aggressive XCing..

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Gnargnar – you so totally rock, duuuuuude

Bra……I’m like, so stoked that you said that. Wanna shred some gnar? It’ll be like………gnarly gnarcore and totally steez. F’shizzle.

wwaswas

what this thread really needs is some scoping of new trails.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I can’t believe they posted a video of woods behind nationwide!

personally I prefer the term “mild down and slightly up hill” rather than agroXC 😆

samuri
    Free Member

it does look like normal riding to me. Don’t we all ride like that?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m stoked doode. I’m rad and didn’t know it. Fur shur.

😕

RepacK
    Free Member

Nice riding – looks like the stuff I do at home, but jeez aggro XC??? WTF? As opposed to passive XC? Hang on hvnt we been here before – Im getting a strong feeling of Deja vu..:-)

julianwilson
    Free Member

aggressive xc = “Riiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrr!”, surely?

Nick

Am I allowed to be critical? It’s just that, well it looked ok, but they didn’t really look like they were enjoying it, all a bit serious somehow, bit boring to watch really, and I’m a pretty shit rider tbh.

stumpy01

Nick, that’s kinda what I was getting at in perhaps my poorly worded ‘it looks a bit German’ comment (that didn’t go down too well. I was trying (and probably failing) to be tongue-in-cheek.
    All a bit efficient, like they were doing what they were meant to do, but not really enjoying it.
    Almost as if they had learned when to pump/hop/jump and HAD to apply it, whenever the trail allowed because that’s what you are MEANT to do.

I made the comment in relation to ‘German’ as the video does indeed seem to come from Germany.
    Not that there is any problem with that….I lived over there for 6 months (North Bavaria) and then worked at Airbus in Hamburg for four months. The Bavarians are some of the nicest people you can hope to meet, but my they are efficient!

Also, when you compare the high quality, well shot video to some of the really low-res helmet cam stuff on here, it kinda reminded me of Rover vs BMW.

bigrich

I ride submissive xc. its a bit like that but with a soothing whalesong and panpipe soundtrack

nickegg
    Free Member

I get where you’re coming from Stumpy. I don’t really see it but thats probably because i’m half Swiss! At least half of me is also efficient! The Swiss do efficiency as well as the Germans but in more friendly manner!!!

It’s a shame people get so hung up on phrases etc. We’re all guilty of it. What happended to just riding a bike?

muddy_fox
    Free Member

aggressive XC is when you go out riding with Jason of ACC fame as he yells ‘fooooooook off!’ at anyone and everything thing in his booming north western accent.

Hora can no doubt confirm.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Aggressive XC vid’ is closed to new replies.