Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Again, what jockey wheels?
  • Kahurangi

After last time

What Jockey Wheels?

I got some Tacx ones – sealed bearings for about £13. After a few months they were gritty so I disassembled them, cleaned them and put a load of grease in. Now they’re completely seized.

That was 6 months ago and this bike has hardly been ridden for the last 3 months, except for a few trips in the snow, which probably killed them.

Any new contenders or do I try some ceramic ones from someone where the rust won’t be an issue?

pedalhead
    Free Member

bugger, I just bought some of those TACX ones as I’m fed up stripping & regreasing the SRAM & BBB ones I’ve used.

JohnnyPanic

Just replace the bearings?

PaulD
    Free Member

Jon,

I have been totally happy with the XT ceramic (porcelain, runs OK dry) guide pulley (not ceramic balls in a metal cage), but the recent price hike made them rather expensive compared to the BBB cartridge bearings.

All the decent tension pulleys have cartridge bearings, but a ceramic ball will still get filled with crud and then stick. Best fill them with grease and squeeze the seals back on.

So far I have worn the teeth away before the bearings on Shimano and BBB jockeys.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Xt ceramincs wear fast, buy some kcnc ones, 20 quid, nice colours, last for an age..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Again, what jockey wheels?’ is closed to new replies.