Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • After-market car alloys – where to buy good value non chavtastic ones?
  • convert

Decided to buy our little Clio renaultsport 197 a set of winter tyres and wheels for the colder months. Decided to go down the 2nd set of wheels as well route for ease of change & steels are not an option on this model as it seems impossible to buy the right size & stud pattern and fitting them around the enormous callipers also seems an issue for some reason. Not that happy with the finish on the standard alloys that came on the car which are peeling and bubbling (3yr old car), struggling to find 2nd hand ones and the main dealers want a small fortune for a set anyway.

So, all these after-market retailers so loved by 17yr old customisers….any place you would trust that also sell products not so gaudy & over-designed you would have to have you jeans around your arse and know every word to “the fast and the furious” to actually like?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Demon Tweeks

TheFlyingOx

Driftworks have some decent stuff.

There’s one place head and shoulders above anywhere else I’ve seen, out on the west coast below Glasgow. I thought it was called D P Motorsport but that’s not showing anything on Google.

donsimon
    Free Member

Go through the manufacturers, find a style you like, then ask them who supplies?
    http://www.bbs.com/en/showroom/showroom.html

Raindog
    Free Member

Seconded Demon Tweeks – have a look at the website, find a style you like, then drop me an email with the details. I worked there for a while and can get you a better price than you will get on your own.

rickmeister

DP Motorsport in Ayr or Rochford Tyres… all gettable by Google

TheFlyingOx

Hmmm. DP Motorsports have ceased trading. Shame, as they were about the best priced about.

Raindog
    Free Member

Hmmm. DP Motorsports have ceased trading. Shame, as they were about the best priced about.

Strange how that happens !

rickmeister

Yep shame about DP Motorsport. Had two sets off them, good prices too.

higthepig
    Free Member

Just bought a set of rims for the same reason, got them from Elite Wheels in Rainham, Essex. Very quick postage and really helpful on the phone, had a big selection that can be sorted on the website for make/model/version etc, even have photos of what some will look like on the car. I will use them again.

tron
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to get a set of second hand Renault ones from someone who’s upgrading to a set of Carlos Fandangos.

http://youtu.be/nqqZ28m8uCo

andyl
    Free Member

Don’t forget if you go none-OEM you will need to declare them as a modification.

I’d just pick up some standard ones and maybe get the winter tyres fitted to your current ones and get the new ones repainted/powdercoated so they look nice for summer.

As for steelies – check out the wheels from larger cars in the renault range – megane, laguna etc and ask the dealer if there are any cars that would have the right size steelies or is there a race/cup model with steelies?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Non chavtastic after market alloys? Hmmm try the unicorn shop

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘After-market car alloys – where to buy good value non chavtastic ones?’ is closed to new replies.