Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • After a rear shock to replace my Fox RP2
  • downs523
    Free Member

Hi looking to replace my fox RP2 rear shock as it is 3 years old and seems to sometimes leak air.

It’s 200mm eye to eye so I am assuming another RP2 or RP23 with the same measurements will be a straight swap??

Where can I get this new, seen a couple used on eBay but they are from different bikes (mines a zesty 514) will this make any difference?

Thanks

Slogo
    Free Member

Why not service it?

jonnyrockymountain

Send it for a service
    Loco tuning
    Tf tuned

z1ppy

Why replace it? You ‘could’ service the seals your self for £20ish (vids on utube), though I’d get a full service for it after 3years of use.

downs523
    Free Member

Seen some RP23’s go used for about £100 on eBay, how much roughly is a service ?

robhughes
    Free Member

+1 for loco,ing it.
    Problem solved and sent back to you better than new. 🙂

downs523
    Free Member

£70 from loco tuning for service, may look into that!! Or try grab a used RP23 for about £100-120. Is heir much difference between the RP2 and RP23

z1ppy

Not far off that when you include p&p tbh,but then yours already has the manufacturer recommended damping tune & air sleeve to match the bike. Added to that, no mater what the description, a year old used shock may well be as worn as your is.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep.Right on the button there z1ppy.Yours is the right tune and a second hand one has unknown history and the wrong tune.So to end up with a reliable shock you,d end up paying twice.one for the shock and again for a service and re-tune from Si at loco. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘After a rear shock to replace my Fox RP2’ is closed to new replies.