Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • After a medical diagnosis, sod NHS direct STW direct bound to be better!
  • tthew

So I've just come in from a school concert, and my missis has quite a number of red spots running around the right hand side of her waist. My first thought is Shingles, but there is/has been no pain. Could it be anything else?

She's more bothered about the fact she stepped on her GHD's and snapped the hinge 🙄

Suggsey
    Free Member

To be homest I can go with the distress the busted GHD's has caused. Sweaty rash?
    I'll get me coat and its noyt a white coat 😆

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Spots on the wrist will disappear, but broken ghd's??
    Women after my own heart.

8)

MrNutt
    Free Member

meningitus?

Pigface
    Free Member

Flea bites???

GrahamS

Sat with two docs: are there "balloons of fluid" on the spots? Shingles is unlikely without pain!

GrahamS

Oh and does it clearly stop at the vertical midline?

scaredypants

GHDs ? – anything like FMBs ? (with hinges – 😯 )

If it was shingles it should, approximately, follow a single dermatome Doesn't have to hurt or itch at 1st. I had a minor patch once, itched a tiny bit & didn't hurt at all

tthew

They look like early chicken pox spots, there's a bit of a white head and definately only on one side of the body.

See, I knew it was worth asking, but actually insect bites was also something I thought of.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I once stepped on a pair of crimpers, broke them down the hinge. nice suitable sized bolt & 2 nuts, sorted

tthew

Your crimpers JD? and what are FMB's?

GrahamS

Yep, shingles. Get to GP and get treated immediately: if it is caught within 24hours then it can be treated. Otherwise she'll have to wait it out.

sturmey
    Free Member

They probably were JD's, from his goth days going by the pictures he has posted previously.

tthew

Coolio. So let me get this correct, if I treat her to 2 big nuts within 24 hours, santa will bring her some new hair straighteners and her spots will disappear.

Think I'm sorted now.

Suggsey
    Free Member

**** Me Boots-sheltered life or what?

tthew

Aah, now that sounds like a better christmas prezzie, but with hinges? 😯

john_drummer
    Free Member

yes, they were mine. lasted another 5 years after I stood on them, until I "grew up" & stopped using them. Shame I broke the spring as well, but it didn't seem to do any harm

for the benefit of those who haven't seen it, me c1988

mamadirt
    Free Member

I've just had to google GHD in case I was missing out . . . but straighteners are something I'm never gonna need 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

I know nothing except white puss is normally phagoctyes consming bacteria.

Could be one off? soap or deodrant alllergy?

Don't cuddle too close…

G.P. if it doesn't go away.

GrahamS

If it is clearly delineated and it has white heads then it is most likely shingles.

Do NOT wait to see if it goes away as apparently it can only be treated effectively if caught early (within 24hrs). Otherwise it's weeks of itching and pain.

tthew

She's off to the doc's this morning with it, (though why she can't just take the laptop to the chemist show them this I don't know. Could save the NHS millions if we all did that).

Fantastic barnet JD.

Thanks for everyone's help.

rOcKeTdOg

Pics of the FMB's?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Sounds like shingles- for antivirals to be effctive they need to be started asap!

tthew

Confirmed my the doctors that it is shingles, but gave the anti-virals so hopefully it won't take too long to clear up.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Good news, tell her to go back if she gets post shingles neuralgia (nerve pain)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘After a medical diagnosis, sod NHS direct STW direct bound to be better!’ is closed to new replies.