Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Africa Twin
  • anagallis_arvensis

Stoner most bikes are toys not tools. The NC is an anomally. Most riders want brraaaaap power.

Stoner
    Free Member

true it doesnt rev high, in fact it rides best between 3-6,000rpm.

I think it’s more the dissapointment in the bike industry as a whole that they cant produce a package that consistently beats car MPG.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/real-world-mpg-efficient-small-petrol-cars/1215224

all weighing 1300Kg+, producing 60-80bhp, and delivering real world 50mpg+

A 200Kg bike even with my 90Kg hanging off the back, and with all the aerodynamics of a brick, ought to manage something over 60 without trying too hard. brrrap or no brrrrap.

Stoner most bikes are toys not tools.

Understood. It’s a pity the NC is the only bike Ive found that has tried to be a tool not a toy, but still can lift it’s skirt and run. AN anomaly indeed.

metalheart
    Free Member

http://hondanews.eu/gb/en/motorcycles/media/pressreleases/62875/16ym-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin8

(Quite) A bit more info (but still no pricing… 🙄 )

Reporting 60+ mpg….

pjm84
    Free Member

Most riders want brraaaaap power

GSA is great for this – 2k to 5k. That’s all it needs. 60mpg possible but rare.

kaiser
    Free Member

How did you test ride a 2010 model AT …they don’t exist ! ❓

metalheart
    Free Member

How did you test ride a 2010 model AT …they don’t exist !

Sorry, you’ve lost me completely. This thread is about the new 16YM AT( linked in my previous post).

Stoner
    Free Member

I think he’s referring to my op. TBH I can’t be sure of the age. It was a s/h one at the LMS I was comparing against the NHS, I thought it wasn’t too old. Might have been 07 plate perhaps. Must have been very tidy 03.

kaiser
    Free Member

yes i realize that but the OP said at the beginning of this thread he’d tested a 2010 model AT

metalheart
    Free Member

Ah, gotcha. The OP was weeks ago and I only added the update for info for the OP (and any other interested party). Didn’t re-read the thread first 😆

Wiki says last AT made in 2003…

footflaps

I could have sworn I say someone riding one in Cambridge the other day – looked brand new and colours / logos all match the new one…..

redstripe
    Free Member

I dug out the bad scan below of the original Africa Twin I had in about 89/90, great bike and would love the new version but can’t justify something like that these days sadly. The other bike is an XR650L I got from the States new in about 93/94 to replace the AT as was I doing more proper off road stuff then. The car in the pic I had then was one of my favourites from that era too, a Corolla GTI, happy days

I’m pretty sure the last of these AT’s was about 2003, seem to really hold their price well these last ones

kaiser
    Free Member

just go to XRV.org.uk if you want to know anything about the AT

metalheart
    Free Member

Apparently honda have announced the Pricing:

ABS – £10,499
    DCT – £11,299

Looks like they’ve headed down the Suzuki route then…

allthegear
    Free Member

Sounds like an f800gsa (like mine) is no more expensive, then.

Rachel

Northwind

The BMW’d get my money tbh.

Well no, actually I’d get a crashed weestrom, throw some cams at it, rip all the plastic off and make it light.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Africa Twin’ is closed to new replies.