Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Affordable recumbants are NOW
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Ever fancied going as fast as a road bike without breaking your neck or bank?

I love the idea of a bike with a genuinely comfortable riding position for days when a gentle bimble / hardcore training ride is the order of the day.

No connection with this company, other than my Dad used to buy the mags (Encycle-opedia) when I was a teenager and I read them with the sceptism of youth, all the while hitting the hardcore of Aberdeenshire downhill on my Courier. Back then, the mag had loads of really terrible copy, involving cycling love stories, and illustrations of cycling utopias, in which cars were a thing of the past and everyone was free to pedal along snooker table flat, purpose-built tracks with their offspring unmolested by broken bottles, chavs or Japanese earthquakes.

Still though, it was easy to pick up on the ethos and idealism of Encycleopedia. And I may yet go for one of the chaep recumbents in the first link!

epicyclo

They’re great things.

The most blood I ever lost from riding a bike was after a go on a recumbent. More gravel rash on my forearms than I ever managed in sundry motorbike crashes.

Highly recommended for max fun. 🙂

tthew

Never really liked the look of the upright steering, underseat is where it’s at. Used to have one just like this myself, and yeah, there was a reason Encycleopedia always illustrated flat tracks!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’d love to have a go on one but whenever I see one on the road it looks scary!

allthepies
    Free Member

I don’t have a beard 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

had a go on one of these once. Terrifying being a stoker out front but bloody good fun and mind-warpingly fast 🙂

Hase Pino

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Affordable recumbants are NOW’ is closed to new replies.