Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Afan trail centre
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

is it still open?

i remember a bit of a furore a little while ago saying the palce was closing down… well, i’m in that part of the world on tuesday, so thougt i’d give it a try..

and if it is open, what’s the best trail to do there?

jonnym92

It’s open, I was there last Saturday.
    First time and we did The Wall, was pretty good Zig Zags was the best descent. Was absolutely roasting and the fire road climbs weren’t that fun.. Could of been sign posted better as we did the ‘new’ start and ended up heading in completely the wrong direction.

The bike park bit is fun too, a really good ‘dh’ line with some proper tables at the bottom. We did the Wall and sessioned the park for quite some time.

Would go back but possibly try Whites Level!

wallop

No, that furore was to do with the closure of the visitor centre, not the trail centre.

roach

Zigzags on the wall, windy point and darkside on whites, and dead sheep gully and sidewinder on Penhydd are my faves descents @ afan.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

cool, thanks chaps

whyme
    Free Member

The final downhill on blade is great.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I was there this evening, alls well, they’re just trying to sub out the loss making cafe, hopefully someone good will take it because currently it’s all frozen chips and deep fried sausage.

Y Wall is my favourite at the moment, even the ‘new’ bits seemed to have become good, it only took 2 years or so for them to develop some character.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Afan trail centre’ is closed to new replies.