Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • afan the wall ,
  • daz38
    Free Member

hi guys
    im off to afan at the end of this month ,never been before but very much looking forward to it ,,just a couple of things what tyre psi would be best and would a 1ltr camelpack be enough per run?? thanks in advance
    daz

RealMan
    Free Member

Depends on what you weigh, what size your tyres are, how much you drink and how hot it is.

30-40psi and probably.

jam-bo

Youll need at least 3 litres and enough tool, spares and clothes to survive a week in the open.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tyres – About, oooh *pinches tyres* that much.

Water – Weather dependent. I’d take a little more than a litre if it’s warm, as there’s a fair bit of climbing.

Have fun!

theotherjonv

Like an orange, not an apple.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

40psi for the climb and then take bit of air out at the top for the descent 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hell I would take a min of 2l to remain hydrated for 2hrs – how fast do you ride?

Tyres 25-65 depending on stuff

DT78
    Free Member

Depending on fitness you should be able to leave the carpark, do the wall and be back to the car sub 2 hours. So a litre of water should be fine.

I ran really high pressures last weekend to avoid pinches as I was on my hardtail trying to keep up with my mates on sussers. I had 35ish on the front and the best part of 50 in the rear. No issues with grip, it was bone dry and very fast.

Have fun

RealMan
    Free Member

depending on stuff

😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sub 2 hours. So a litre of water should be fine.

not sure depends how many beers you had the night before

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘afan the wall ,’ is closed to new replies.