Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan Lodge, anyone stayed there?
  • mattbee

Thinking of an overnight stop for a 2 day trip next week, Afan on day 1 then Cwm Carn as it's on the way home day 2. This place has space on the night we need, any reviews?

(Oh, I have done Brechfa this year, but not been to Afan for about 2 years and the wife loves Cwm Carn, so those sort of suggestions are irrelevant! 😉 )

m_t_b
    Free Member

I have stayed there owner was friendly good food, hotel bar and a kitchen in your room for self catering. Was very bike friendly and would stay there again for a night, any longer and it better financially to rent a holiday cottage

allyharp

I've stayed there, it's very good. Try the lasagne in the restaurant!

vikingboy
    Free Member

very good…..best place in Afan IMHO

orena45

Really nice place – good food, really nice & clean rooms, bike storage, bar with MTB films on the flat screen and also friendly staff. Highly recommended!

bagpuss
    Free Member

As above, clean, comfortable and good food downstairs. Only drawback is minimum of two nights stay in high season. Will use it again this autumn / winter.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did stay there but a group of 8 of us did eat there every night over easter. Would happily stay there other than the fact that a whole cottage for 8 is usually cheaper.

davidwazz
    Free Member

+1 for best place to stay in Afan. Richard and Louise (owners) are very accommodating – if the weather is good ask them to pull out the BBQ.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Without wishing to hijack the thread, where else is good to stay in the Afan area?

The lodge is all booked up the weekend I want to go with 6 mates.

I was looking at the log cabins, but they will only sleep up to 5, any other recommendations?

Dom

Onzadog
    Free Member

we stopped at afan forest breaks over easter. Did the job, worked out cheap enough and was only a short walk from the lodge for meals.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan Lodge, anyone stayed there?’ is closed to new replies.