Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan and Small Block 8's in January?
  • mudpup
    Free Member

Got a weekend at Afan planned for end of January. Haven’t been for a while – couldn’t remember if there were any muddy bits – and wondered whether i would get away with Kenda SB8’s.
    Could chuck a Nevegal on the front as an option.
    Whats the collective opinion?

trail_rat
    Free Member

its a trail centre isnt it ?

schwalbe marathons for the win

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Tyreless is where it’s at for 2011.

flatfish
    Free Member

should be fine

dasilva
    Free Member

I used SB8s in Afan last Feb and they actually work very well – lots of grip on the wet rock. It’ll wear them out quick though and my 1.95s pinched easily.

loddrik
    Free Member

Been there in winter with my Vredestein Killer Bee’s, can’t get much less tread than that and they were fine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I went in november and couldn’t be bothered to change tyres from the SB8’s. We did the W2 and the link was probably the only really muddy bit, rest was fine on them.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

whytes level is pretty wet, goodwood involves riding through a series of ponds some 1/2 a wheel deep. darkside has become much more rocky over the winter. energy has been re-surfaced on the through the trees bits and is faster and nice and flowy
    dunno about the wall, ill tell you tomorrow night

mudpup
    Free Member

Wet is ok
    Its mud thats the problem with them
    We were planning to do W2 with the link on one day
    Thanks for the input everyone

takisawa2

Be fine if its surfaced. Ditched mine back in Oct because off-piste Cannock is a mudfest in winter. Did MachX last spring with them, some bits rocky & wet but were ok. They are more capable than their looks would have you believe.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan and Small Block 8's in January?’ is closed to new replies.