Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Afan
  • Townfox
    Free Member

Off to Afan in a couple of weeks, any advice or tips on what we should be doing??

Planning on getting there Friday night so got all day Saturday with a Sunday morning ride to throw in as well…

All help much appreciated..

molgrips
    Free Member

Umm.. try riding the MTB trails there.

Townfox
    Free Member

Right oh smart ar5e…

So serious answers now, whats the best trail for some fast free flowing stuff??

molgrips
    Free Member

If you are there all weekend you will do them all no bother.

mikey74
    Free Member

I can recommend White's Level, and the last descent of Skyline as a great starter. Personally I would give the Wall a miss.
    As per the above, you can easily do all of them in a weekend.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Umm…. Sure there was another similar thread on this topic earlier and it said….

Go to Brechfa! With a whole weekend at your disposal you'll probably be able to nip up to Cwm Rhaeadr too.

nickc

All of them

m_t_b
    Free Member

Yea come to Brechfa if it is fast and flow thats floats your boat 😀
    or
    Just do a day at each and get the best out of both centres

bobbyspangles

enjoying yourself?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cannock chase.?

Sorry. 😀

Whites is really good. As above skyline descent good. I like the wall but the climbs are a tad dull.

Brechfa is well worth a look. About an hour or so away.

avalanche
    Free Member

Pennyth(wrong spelling I know) trail, the one behind the Afan trailcentre, is closed at the moment and will be for some time. Shame really because it has some great bits. Whites is always good, they have resurfaced the lower bit of "Energy" through the trees and the black run is always a hoot. The future of the trails in the area is under much discussion at the moment amongst the locals, they have discovered some diseased trees on the "Wall" side of the valley and are talking about felling the lot and leaving them where they lay. How this will affect everything I do not know. Maybe someone here can shed some light?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Afan’ is closed to new replies.