Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AED Defibrillators
  • womp
    Free Member

Hi, im thinking of getting an AED Defibrillator for my farther house (he has had a 4 heart attacks in the last 12 months)

Can anyone recommend a good value unit ?

Flaperon

http://heartsine.com/product/p/rest-of-world/500p/

We’ve got loads of these at work. I trained on one a while ago and it’s particularly useful as it guides you through CPR as well.

Some thoughts:

– If you get one it’s worth telling your neighbours as they can grab it if something happens to them.

– If it is used, the hospital will probably ask for it afterwards in order to download the ECG info from its memory.

– Shelf life of 4 years before you need to replace the unit or battery pack.

– There’s a good chance that the patient won’t have a shockable rhythm. I’ve seen an AED used in anger twice and both times it refused to shock.

Edit: Wow, these are really cheap on eBay now. Not sure how many are nicked from cabinets on the street though…

willard

They are all pretty good to be honest. I’ll try and find out which one we have at work, but it’s probably a bit industrial* for home use.

Flaperon’s one looks good. Anything that guides you through what to do (and they do now make them pretty idiot proof) is a good thing.

* I don’t mean a standard lamp with a broken bulb and exposed wiring…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘AED Defibrillators’ is closed to new replies.