Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ae up
  • D0NK

Going to an Ae uplift day, first time to Ae and first uplift day so any comments appreciated? Thinks to take, trails to do, general advice for uplift days and Ae?

Burly(ish) bike – check
    Elbow/knee pads – check
    Eye’s peeled for chicken run routes – check
    Sense of humour – check
    ?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

What day are you coming down? You have the 2 main lines of the shredder and the downhill course both with some big features. Usually a good crowd on the bus that will give you advice on the tracks if you are not familiar with them. Take it easy on the first few runs you have 10 runs so don’t break yourself or the bike early on.
    Other than that first run is at 9am and enjoy yourself. see you there!

D0NK

this sunday, group of 4, 3 xc mincers and 1 DH wannabe, I predict a crash-fest

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Not there this weekend but sure it will be good. Go enjoy it!

Vortexracing

which one of you is the DH wanna be donk, you or junkyard?

Vortexracing

well did you lot survive?

and did Johnny make full use of my body armour? 😆

D0NK

We all survived…just. DH wannabe was a lad from work, got himself a downhill bike but hasn’t ridden it much at all. We all had minor crashes except Si who broke himself, forgot about the fireroad jump on the Shredder and face planted, destroyed front wheel and helmet and nearly sliced his ear off, that kind of put Johnnie off attempting it. He went to A&E for stitches, really good day for the rest of us, my body is feeling a bit battered today.

Vortexracing

Always makes me laugh how a trail centre has been named after an accident and emergency dept.

😆

More balls than me in attempting that dro-off 😳

davy-g
    Free Member

My Lad doing the “Shredder” road gap on his 09 Spesh XC Comp…. http://www.vimeo.com/14678651 I just rolled up to the edge and thought… “stuff that, no way”

the adrenaline kicked in on him around the 50 second mark.. he starts to Gibber…LOL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ae up’ is closed to new replies.