Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ae today, with pics (Friday)
  • scotabroad

Went up to Ae today with Trekster plus another mate. The car park at the cafe and the road into the forest have to be ridden very cautiously due to road wide hard ice. Once into the trail its not to bad at all, the forzen snow is thin but consistent with 99%+ being rideable but with some sections requiring a lot of care due to occasional slippy icy parts. The edge needs some extra concentration. Fire roads lower down require care with rough thin ice right across the road, which can be ridden with care. Feels very cold with approx -5ºC and no sun. It was just the ticket for scaring away any flu bugs though 🙂

Trekster

Some of scotabroad;

Finished ride of at the cafe with a great bowl of Marys leek & tattie soup, just the thing to warm a cold body.

scruzer
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing scotabroad

scotabroad

I like that second last picture John 🙂

Finished ride of at the cafe with a great bowl of Marys leek & tattie soup, just the thing to warm a cold body

Damn right – yum yum…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Scotabroad, Trekster is fast for a pensioner, ain’t he?! 😉

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Good to see the trail is recovering, although how long for?! It looks like more snow may arrive tonight which will make it interesting getting to the shop tomorrow. All part of the fun. This weather is great for riding, but all the shops that rely on people being able to get to these places are struggling with the lack of business!

Unfortunately midweek rides for me are finished 😥 as I have a job again 😀 starting Monday. Will still be working in the shop for the odd days to help them cover the days it is open over the weekends, so i am hoping that will still allow me to get out on the (very) few days I will not be working!

Trekster

Good to see the trail is recovering,

Would not go that far!! We are just daft enough(desperate? ) to give it a go.

Will still be working in the shop for the odd days to help them cover the days it is open over the weekends, so i am hoping that will still allow me to get out on the (very) few days I will not be working!

You have a warranty job to deal with tomorrow. friends rear shock has ejected it`s oil. He was in today and spoke to Mary.

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Scotabroad, Trekster is fast for a pensioner, ain’t he?!

6yrs to cheeky basket 😉

scotabroad

Scotabroad, Trekster is fast for a pensioner, ain’t he?!

Well he always beats me to the top of the hill, gets in way down though, only kidding John!! 😉

Trekster

Today, a bit more snow;

Well he always beats me to the top of the hill, gets in way down though, only kidding John!!

POSTED 37 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

True, the wee Core gets a up a fair heid`o steam 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ae today, with pics (Friday)’ is closed to new replies.