Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ae forest.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Haven’t been since it was first opened, wasn’t that impressed which is probably why I’ve never been back but thinking of going this weekend. I’m sure there’s been a few changes since it first opened so what’s it like at the moment?

Trekster

Bit biased being one of my locals but you’ll probably find it much the same but suffering from more erosion in places 😀

2 new bits created to avoid the wind turbines, Turbine Alley and the 22 Bends which replaced the horrible forest road climb after the Edge with another horrible singletrack climb(hate climbs btw)

If you didn’t like it first time doubt you’ll have a different view after the weekend. Hope you do though 😆
    What I would add is that the blue descent(Collins Folly)might be worth a go after the end of Ae Line/Omega Man. If you like your jumps then a trip up to the Shredder which starts near the DH trail and is a sign posted add on to the red.

prawny

I went this summer and straight afterwards said I would go back. Fast forward a couple of days and I was gagging to go back.

It’s one of them type of places, its still very downhill biased, you’re better off on an Enduro type bike, on my 29er HT it was fairly uncomfortable in places, others were good fun.

The new bmx type section was fun, even though I’m shoot at jumping, and I loved the long drag up the other side for some reason.

Omega man was crap on a cheap hardtail.

prawny

Wine based double post

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Quite happy to go back and give it a second chance. It’s been a long time but I remember some huge berms that looked half finished and a very sticky long climb. Also there were diversions in place even though it had just opened. From threads over the years it seems the general opinion is that it’s better than I remember it. For balance I also didn’t think much of Kirroughtree first time but have loved it every time I’ve been back.

Garry_Lager

Been a while since I’ve been – didn’t rate it for the usual reasons. Also looked like there had been significant tree-felling on some of the trails. Didn’t have the same arboreal vibe as Glentress, say.

Obv these are working forests, so this happens. It’s a shame, though, when forest singletrack turns into a bald hillside.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ae forest.’ is closed to new replies.