• This topic has 60 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by AntM.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Ae Enduro Reports/Photos?
  • stuartanicholson
    Free Member

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Got to say though the timing was a bit of a disaster

marshalls all volunteered and i know quite a few of them having done a few trailbuilding sessions. a couple of them had driven down from glasgow just to help out so don't go moaning about them. if there was a timing issue surely it would have been better to talk to the organisers and maybe suggest alternative timing techniques for the future?
    i am sorry to hear that the timing has caused a problem for your wife, but having a go at the marshalls isn't the best solution- i am sure they didn't deliberately do it.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

The question is…if they were all volunteers, where did my £55 go? I think it was more the system that was at fault…i had a cam on for all my runs and the official times were out by 5secs to 1 min 19…some up, some down…infact they only got 1 stage right!

Fra-gy
    Free Member

I noticed 1 girl getting missed by the wand and having to go back and got "swiped" after the girl who was slower.
    Like you have said, not the fault of the marshal or the girl going through too fast, just a grey area which needs improving.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Anyway, first 3 videos for now…not quite got the hand of editing and the like so they are pretty rough!

Ss1
    http://video.mpora.com/watch/M2WPmdNnm/

Ss2
    http://video.mpora.com/watch/JiMQGSY10/

Ss3
    http://video.mpora.com/watch/5bYBir1q9/

schpleep
    Free Member

Nice footage! Stage#2 looks as good as I remember, although you didn't get the bloke-standing-with-a-wheel-in-his-hand to try and distract you on the last corner ;o)

Looking forward to 4,5&6 now.

Is that a GoPro chest-mount?

J0N
    Free Member

Nice. Looks quite fast as well. I don't remember SS1 being as easy as the music suggests. 😆 were you being held up?
    Looking forward to the next 3.

RHSno2
    Free Member

stupid little vid from me:

TomHill
    Free Member

Nice vids from all. Capture the event really well!

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

RHSno2, would it be possible for you to post that crash video up? We were stood at the top of that drop and it looked nasty…

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Had a great day. Have to say Ae wasn't the best venue, felt like it was there as the only option. Would have much preferred Glentress or Kielder.
    That said, still had a great time. As 128, I saw the guy that came off on SS4 pretty early as the marshalls were seeing to him. Hope he's come out of it OK.
    Didn't like the seeding run thought the corners were too flat with it being a descent made out of a climb, but then I do prefer it fast and bermy. All in all I think it was a good test of all aspects of riding combined, including the nasty climb on SS4 and the pedally SS3.
    Closing the gap jump may have disappointed a few of you but I reckon it was teh right thing to do. We saw the guy that faceplanted off there shortly after and he was a bit of a mess. Hope you've patched up well mate.
    I wasn't sure about the 2 x 2 thing before the race but Andy my compardre was quality. We had a laugh and it put a nice new angle onto the event. Good to see strangers meeting on the line, shaking hands and I'm sure some leaving as mates.
    Massive respect to Sam, the guy on the blue rigid that came off on the logs on SS6. Me and my mates got to him to try and help him out. He had a bit of a hole in his temple but jumped to his feet when we suggested he wait for a medic and finished the stage to a massive roar.
    If anyone wants to contact him to offer some respect his name is Sam Karangatha and he's on Facebook. He's also got a couple of vids on youtube if you Google his name. Looks pretty quick through the woods in Sheffield as it goes.
    Saw him at Kielder last year and hope to see him racing again soon. Gonna link him this thread to see if he'll come along for some praise 😛
    Finally, testament again to what a great crowd MTB'ers are. We accidentally left a PRO2 wheel outside the van when we left for practice on Saturday. When we got back it was still there, untouched 8)

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Is that a GoPro chest-mount?

yep, gopro hd. As yet im not sure how to edit the hd video and upload it (without files being around 2gb).

Nice. Looks quite fast as well. I don't remember SS1 being as easy as the music suggests. were you being held up?

Yep. My fault though, crashed and got held up a little in seeding. Thanks to charlie for letting me go first on the rest of the stages!

Closing the gap jump may have disappointed a few of you but I reckon it was teh right thing to do. We saw the guy that faceplanted off there shortly after and he was a bit of a mess. Hope you've patched up well mate.

Was speaking to that guys mate…apparently he hit it blind, came round the corner and changed his mind last min and fell off the lip. Accidents happen. What it needed was a big sign to say it was a gap to let folk know it was there. Hope he recovers fully.

Simon

In practice one of our lot went off the gap jump by mistake, he didn't realise what it was until it was too late. He landed on the fireroad, bottomed his bike out and hurt his wrists, no real damage done though, but it did shake him up a bit!

RHSno2
    Free Member

There are signs before it to be fair AND it says it at the top but I am glad they took it out. Its not the enduro way…I hit it and it was lovely but gaps shouldn't really be on a Enduro course IMO.

yep, gopro hd. As yet im not sure how to edit the hd video and upload it (without files being around 2gb).

Throw it an editing suite, then produce an HD movie of Standard quality and put it into Vimeo or something like that.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Hey…thanks for hitting the gap. I came after you and was nice to have the speed set 😉

andrewy33
    Free Member

Does anybody know of anymore websites for pics other than the two above

Parr
    Free Member

The guy on the blue rigid is Sam Karangatha and is part of the UK gravity enduro group on Facebook.

Found a Casio G shock at end of stage 1 on sunday, handed it in to the Shop if any of you lost it

grumm
    Free Member

Looks like fun, wish I could have done it. What did everyone think of the dual start format in the end then?

AntM
    Free Member

Dual start format work well IMO. Had some good banter and you had someone to race with instead of the occational glimse of someone down the trail 30 or so secs ahead of you.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Ae Enduro Reports/Photos?’ is closed to new replies.