Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ae Avalanche Enduro – anyone done it?
  • Digger90
    Free Member

Thinking of entering the Ae Avalanche Enduro this year.

Anyone done it?

What's it like?

Worth it?

What's the ideal bike?

andrewy33
    Free Member

I did it last year and it was great fun. Its basically all the downhill sections split into timed sections. You then have roughly 30mins to get to the next timed section starting point. I used my Meta 5 and it was fine. But…….I am not sure if is on this year. It could be worth emailing the shop at Ae to see if it is on. If it is on DO IT! I know i will be.

grumm
    Free Member

Didn't do the Ae one but did the Kielder one last year and it was ace fun. Really good format for a race for me.

According to this, this year they are doing ones at Ae and Glentress, but not Kielder

http://www.avalanchecup.com/calendrier.html

thickens
    Free Member

"CALENDRIER PREVISIONNEL 2010"

Don't hold up to many hopes!

There organisation is ….. "different"

Trekster

The shop is looking to do it by itself. Planning is under way afik

http://www.ae7.co.uk/

AeBS
    Free Member

The Avalanche Enduro is on at Ae in May.

Last year was a fantastic race and the feedback from the riders was Mega (no pun intended!). This year it's looking like being bigger and better and if the sun is shining the way it did on the Sunday last year it'll be another memorable event.

There are plans in the pipeline for an Enduro series at Ae later in the year … keep an eye on the Ae7 website for details.

andrewy33
    Free Member

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA, Thats the kinda good news I like to hear.

fbk
    Free Member

Real shame they don't seem to be doing one at Kielder this year – last year was fantastic!

anderwho
    Free Member

I've had a look at the website and watched a few clips and it seems to be fairly serious, some pro riders. Is it also suitable for the likes of me, without a sponser and have only entered a couple of non serious enduros. It sounds good fun, exactly what I'm into but can anyone offer any advice?

Simon

Can anyone tell me if you need a letter from your doctor saying you're fit to ride, you needed one for Kielder last year year? I don't remember seeing anything when I entered this year's Ae Enduro and can't find anything on the Avalanche website.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

I'm entered for this should be a laugh. I did the kielder one last year. Couldn't get a doctors note last year ( think it's a euro thing!) so i just got a £13 provisional racing license and that worked fine. I've renewed it for this years race just in case, but this year we had to sign a waiver when we entered online..

mc
    Free Member

It's great fun. I done it last year, and despite having to prop myself up with lemsip and a continual supply of jelly babies due to a case of Man Flu, I enjoyed it.

I'm entered again for this year, and am hoping I don't get struck down with Man Flu this time. That way I might have energy to pre-ride the stages aswell, instead of racing it blind…

andrewy33
    Free Member
    Olderthandirt
    Free Member

Did we get a definitive answer on this doctor's note thing? There was nothing on the registration form and there's nothing on the website. Dont want to turn up only to be told I can't race!

Simon

I think you do need a doctor's note.
    On the English version of the site the page where the rules are is blank.
    The rules are there in the French part of the site, but unfortunately my French is next to useless but I think this is the relevent part,

2. PARTICIPATION
    2.1 Ces compétitions sont ouvertes aux compétiteurs et compétitrices détenteurs d’une
    Carte Multisport Assur délivrée par UCC (revendeur agréé de CICP) et/ou d’une licence
    délivrée par les fédérations nationales affiliées à l’Union Cycliste Internationale, à jour des
    obligations induites par leur demande d’inscription.
    2.2 Les compétitions sont également accessibles aux non licenciés, leur droit d’engagement
    peut être alors majoré, un certificat médical d’aptitude à la pratique du sport cycliste de
    moins de 12 mois (à la date de l’épreuve) ou une autre licence sportive de l’année en cours
    sont à fournir.

I'm guessing

un certificat médical d’aptitude

is a doctor's note.

If someone could provide a translation that would be great.

grumm
    Free Member

You do need either a doctor's note or the cheapest BC provisional race license (about £11) will do also.

They just have to tick a box to say they've seen something, presumably for insurance – lots of people were making and printing their own doctor's notes last year (not that I would condone such behaviour of course). 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ae Avalanche Enduro – anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.