Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Advise me, oh Singletrack Massive
  • spw3

Ive just picked up a secondhand Prophet frame for the tiny Mrs3 and am going to need a fork to match. It will mostly be used in the Peaks but will need to be able to cope with a once yearly trip to the Alps. Think Bike Verbier rather than Morzine DH tracks.

I’m prone to buying Rockshox because they seem easy to service. Any ideas? I haven’t been paying attention to fork developments over the last few years but given her size I think an air fork might be a better choice than my old Pike 454.

All thoughts gratefully received.

nickc

one of the many variations of the revalation/secktor range would probably suit.

spw3

I’ve seen those but I’m a bit hazy on the differences between the two forks. Revolutions seem more expensive and I assume they are betterer, any idea how?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

x-Fusion range for sure. Love my new Slants.

spw3

Which x-fusion fork? Or isit called a range?

spw3

Ah, quick bit of google action answered that one. Are they reliable? Anyone stripped and serviced one?

Simon

Old air Pikes or 140mm/150mm air Sektor or Revelation would be perfect.
    Or get a softer spring for your current Pikes.

spw3

@Simon: any idea what the basic differences are between Sektors and Revelations?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Depending what travel you want there is an option in the x-fusion range.

I went off user advice and lbs who couldn’t speak if the range highly enough.

Service videos are in the website and seem really simple.

duncdan
    Free Member

The revs and sektors share many components and v sim spec and weight. The only difference i found was the price and sektors are not dual air but revs are. Sincr the price difference is so big the sektors look great

spw3

@duncdan: cheers for that. Now I’ve worked out how to service RS forks it’s such a nice thing being free of the need to send them off. But RS haven’t made it super obvious what separates these two fork lines.

Anyone ridden Sektors?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The above isn’t strictly true, the dual air aren’t in the revs range anymore, the main difference over the sektors is damper options and weight.

The Sektors get nowhere near the performance of the revelation RCT3 for example.

Id take a rev over a sektor everyday. But then I’d take a slant over a rev now.

Get over to the on one/planet x site they have some right bargains.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Advise me, oh Singletrack Massive’ is closed to new replies.