Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • advice for a tablet for £150 or less
  • karnali
    Free Member

I know next to nothing about them so we are looking for a tablet for kids to use for games and bits and bobs, aged 8 and 5, to be used to read documents (can you get adobe reader on them?) and to watch videos and use for sufferfest. Whats best out there for this budget? Adobe not an essential as have a laptop that can be used for that if required.

ta

househusband

My recommendation the Tesco hudl2, perhaps others may suggest too.

Easily within budget, including case.

zippykona

I got an I pad mini for £169 from John lewis. Apple refurbished are same price.
    Very happy with it.

Cougar

The STW approved answer is the Hudl2, the same as it has been the previous three hundred times someone’s asked. Half price if you buy with Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

marmaduke
    Free Member

All Apple, Android, and Windows tablets will have a multitude of PDF reader apps.

jonnyrockymountain

Go for iPad mini either £199 new or usually on Apple site a re-furnished one for a bit cheaper

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I bought a Lenovo one for £149 a few months ago – seems ok to me, does what I want it to.

RustyNissanPrairie

Winner is a HP Stream7 running full blown Windows8.1 with MS Office and 1tb of cloud storage.
    £80 from MS online.
    Brilliant bit of kit for the money. Love mine

Have a read of my recent thread on sub £100 tablets

tomaso
    Free Member

The 2012 Nexus 7 can be found for £70 on Expansys, but they lack a bit of upholstery in the Ram department with only 1gb.
    The 2013 version is much quicker and sharper but pricier.
    The Hudl2 has an advantage of slightly bigger 8 inch screen, Sd card memory expansion and an HDMI port.

geoffj

We have iPad minis and a hudl2 at chez j. I’m an apple fanbhoy, but the hudl2 is a decent bit of kit and hard to beat at rrp; impossible to better if you have enough club card points.

ThePinkster

It depends on what sort of screen size you want as much as anything but I picked up one of these Prestigio tablets from Maplin in October and have been really happy with it.

Having the 3G functionality may or may not be useful to you but it’s handy to have the capability there anyway, just in case.

Personally I prefer the 10″ screen, makes it much more usable and video is much clearer that the 7/8 inch tablets I’ve experienced.

It comes with a case in the box as well.

I’d previously had a real cheapy from Ebuyer (about £80 IIRC) but this is far superior. My Dad preferred is to his 8″ Samsung after playing with it a few weeks ago.

joeegg
    Free Member

My wifes had 2 Hudl’s,both of which went faulty at the charging port.
    She exchanged the last one for an Acer,£79.99,again from Tesco.
    Seems simple to use,and i prefer it to the Hudl’s.

smurfly13
    Free Member

I have a few Hudls for the whole family and they are great!

Kids use them for videos, education and puzzles etc.

The Hudl 2 is better – but you can get the Hudl 1 for £59.99 from Tesco refurbished with a 12 month warranty

failedengineer

I haven’t got a tablet (yet), but I did a little bit of research last week and came up with the Lenovo S8. The ‘experts appear to agree that it’s the best at £150. Hope this helps.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘advice for a tablet for £150 or less’ is closed to new replies.