Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Advice. What's an immaculate Super Six Evo SRAM Red worth?
  • squin
    Free Member

Hi all,

looking for some thoughts.

I’ve got a Cannondale Super Six Evo Sram Red (20sp) and I’ve not ridden more than 200 miles on it. It’s immaculate. Size 56. The only changes I made to it were a Charge Spoon saddle and Specialized Zerts bars and Bar Phat + Enduro tape.

Bought it 2 years ago, then had an operation which I spent time recovering from, winter came and I didn’t want to ride a ‘best bike’ in winter so bought a commuter. The Cannondale never went out again!

I’ve realised that it’s spent the last 2 years keeping warm in our dining room.

Realistically, what’s it worth?

I’ve trawled ebay but there don’t seem to be comparisons in a 56 (which I presume is quite a popular size).

People on road.cc seem to advertise bikes for (in my opinion) high prices so that’s no real indication of actual sale value either.

Thanks in advance for thoughts etc.

Stu.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d guess around £800-£1000?

2014 SuperSix Evo’s (with Red 22) are £1680 on Pauls at the moment.

Size makes little difference unless you’re really at the extreme trying to sell 60+cm frames, there’ll be more 52/54/56’s sold new, and the ratio of tall to short people in the new and secondhand markets is going to be broadly the same!

squin
    Free Member

Wow, that’s not a lot :-/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’s why:
    a) I bought mine 2nd hand
    b) Have kept it for 10 years, the resale value is always way way less than (IMO) it’s worth to me.

I’d keep it, and make a conscious effort to ride it this summer, join a club or something. It’s not getting any slower so even if you don’t ride it you won’t buy a faster bike in the future if you do get back into road riding, more gears, more ‘areo’, smidgen lighter maybe, but not likely any faster.

squin
    Free Member

Ouch. It seems crazy to let it go for that. As a piece of art in my dining room it’s worth keeping just to admire…it’s beautiful. 🙂

flange
    Free Member

Not Subtle ad is not subtle….

Closer to £800 than £1000. Its a two year old bike, fitted with 10 speed and a cheap saddle.

squin
    Free Member

I’ll raise my hangbag in a Vic & Bob styleee for you Flange. I’ve bought and sold enough stuff on here over the last 10+ years to know the difference between an advert and a what would you do with it?” thread. If I’d have just put up “what’s it worth?” people would naturally have asked: What year/size/condition/groupset etc etc.

For those who have/will contributed constructively, thank you.

I’ve not decided to sell so am weighing up whether it’s worth selling or keeping.

Hypothetically if it’s only worth £800 today it will probably still be worth that in 2 years time so there’s no rush to sell it and I might end up riding it again.

2 years ago I sold a 2006 Roubaix with 105 on eBay for £800+. The ‘rule’ of 50% reduction Yr1 plus a further 10% for each yr thereafter doesn’t always work.

As I indicated earlier, people who advertise on Road CC seem to ask high prices, eBay seems to do well for most sales and STW isn’t a Roadie forum…although we all seem increasingly more about the bike in general now-a-days, which is nice.

I guess I was hoping for thoughts along the lines of where people feel the best place to look to do further research regarding value etc.

Thanks again.

Stu.

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve just done a completed listings search on ebay and there’s absolutely loads for comparison.

squin
    Free Member

I’ve just ran an eBay search with the wording ‘supersix Evo red’ and there are only 4 listed in the uk, one if which has come up because it’s the colour red.

I’m guessing you’ve done a historical search. Without wishing to sound daft, but I’ve no clue how to find that info, how does ‘one’ run a historic search for items at their sold price?

Thanks.

flange
    Free Member

HA! Ok my initial stroppy reply aside, you really are probably better off keeping it if you can afford to. They’ve just launched a new model and Pauls and Evans are banging out these bikes (and the Hi Mod ones) super cheap so you’re up against that. If you can pick up the same model for circa £1600 then you’re looking at a lot less for yours sadly. Trust me, i’ve lost a phenomenal amount of money selling bikes for bugger all compared to what I paid for them. What also doesn’t help is that you can now get that frame as a 2016 bike with 11 speed 105 which is preferable to 10 speed regardless of it being SRAM Red (IMO of course!).

Like you, I also had summer bikes and winter bikes and just found myself riding the winter bikes all year round. You may as well use the Super Six for all your riding and enjoy being on a nice bike.

If you’re dead set on selling it, I’d stick it on Ebay with a starting price of £800 and see if it sells.

squin
    Free Member

Thanks Flange. Yeah, there’s no rush or even a decision to sell…my wife has put up with it in the house for 2 years without mention of it 🙂

Last year I had similar thoughts regarding my old 25 yr old Marin Pine Mountain that I wasn’t riding, but for what it was worth it wasn’t worth parting with. In November, I did c2c on it with a rack etc so ended up glad I didn’t part with it just for the sake of not having ridden it for ages.

Maybe I’ll swing a leg over the Cannondale again when the sun comes out and see what happens. I’ve got ‘plans’ to ride more this year.

mboy
    Free Member

The problem is twofold… Firstly you’ve got a 10spd bike. No matter how high end the kit is, how well it works, how much better it is than middle of the range 11spd kit, every Joe Blogs in the world wants 11spd. I’m still running 10spd Red, it’s awesome stuff. I’ve ridden plenty of 11spd bikes and did I think “ooh wow, I’m glad I’ve got 11 cogs not 10” even once? Not in the slightest. But most people would rather buy new 105 11spd sadly!

The second problem is that Last years Cannondales are typically available from stock, on various websites, brand new with as much as 40% off ticket price. Which devalues any second hand models quite a bit too!

Nice bike though… Why not just ride it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hypothetically if it’s only worth £800 today it will probably still be worth that in 2 years time

Good luck with that! Didn’t you say you were an experienced seller?

squin
    Free Member

Cynic-al. Correct, see my sentence regarding a 9sp 105 8yr old Roubaix and eBay!

Also, look up the meaning of hypothetical.

There is no guarantee that it could be worth £800 in 2 years, but there’s a chance it might. The Roubaix went for £800+ (not to anyone on here I’m sure, but it sold all the same).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Advice. What's an immaculate Super Six Evo SRAM Red worth?’ is closed to new replies.