Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Advice required please, comp car content
  • gooner69

My other half is likely joining a business that offers options ref the company vehicle.
    Option 1, fully expensed motor. Being a 3 series BMW or A4 saloon.
    Option 2, Allowance of £550 per month to purchase/lease what ever she fancies/is appropriate.

Question is which in the longer term is gonna be better value for her/us.

If we go with allowance she wants something less than two years old with low mileage for security.

Any opinions??

br
    Free Member

Option 2 – you get to keep the car/profit

But that depends on how much she’s likely to spend… So don’t see it as a target.

gooner69

Yeah good shout, had to calm her away from some “sporty coupes” already.

matt_outandabout

Fuel on top? Go for the cash, year old+ model of choice and as above, you get a nice motor.

igm

What mileage does she do? My wife bought a a BMW 320d ED which averages over 60 (in a year’s use) and does 68 on a long run. Nice when she gets 40 something pence per mile.

gooner69

yeah either way she has to buy fuel and reclaim for company mileage.
    I figured myself that allowance is a better option but she (understandably) wants to look into it. So thought I`d better ask the experts;)

br
    Free Member

A mate spent all his allowance on his car, forgetting he had to service/tyres it – Doh!

Best thing to do is spend as little as possible initially (no point getting saddled with a huge lease/loan if the job doesn’t work out), while ‘banking’ the money. After a year, buy something that she really wants.

gooner69

Matt, around 25k p/a.
    Most cars (diesel) under consideration average 55+.

gooner69

good advice br,thanks

coolhandluke
    Free Member

If we go with allowance she wants something less than two years old with low mileage for security.

No guarantee of reliability IME.

skids
    Free Member

Audi A1 1.6 TDI

ScottChegg
    Free Member

is appropriate

You need to check what this covers. Maximum age? No. of doors? No convertibles/4wd?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Advice required please, comp car content’ is closed to new replies.