Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advice reqd on rockshox Lyriks please.
  • bigthunder
    Free Member

Bought a set of lyrik solo airs off ebay and they seem very good. These are 170mm travel with a blue compression dial on them. I then saw a set of rc2dh lyriks with a knackered steerer and bought them.(not off ebay) These dont have a compression dial on them. Can I put the bottoms of the rc2s onto the tops of the other ones? Whats anybodys opinions on the best thing to do here? Anyone here from Edinburgh want the job as a wee earner?? If not Im thinking flotec or pedals.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

why would you do that – the lowers are teh same

bigthunder
    Free Member

So how come one set has a compression dial and the others dont? There are other differences as well such as travel markings on one set and different stickers. Instead of a blue compression dial the rc2s have a fixed red top on them. They must be different!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the LOWERS are the same its the internals that are different

vinnyeh

Travel asking and stickers are cosmetic.
    No compression dial on rc2dh’s? If they’ve a fixed red top then I suspect they’re a set of solo air r’s with no compression damping module. Maybe you’ve been sold a pup?

bigthunder
    Free Member

So whats my best bet? Do I try to make one better set out the two or just use the ones with the blue compression dial or what? Im erring towards one good set out the two but dont know if its worthwhile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice reqd on rockshox Lyriks please.’ is closed to new replies.