Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice re neck / head ache from position please
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Hi all,

Having an issue on one particular bike I ride – steel hardtail / wide flat bars / bar ends / 90mm 10 deg stem – 100mm fork – any ride over 3 or 4 hrs and I get crippling neck ache which ends up in a headache – its a pain right in the middle of shoulders and it radiates up…

I know its this bike and not dehydration etc as other hardtail / full sus = no problem plus i drink a fair bit. Wondering if I need a higher set of bars or a diff stem…

any thoughts

cheers

paul

DT78
    Free Member

If you have other bikes that you are happy with, measure the setup and see how it differs.

Lifer
    Free Member

How wide are your bars?

DT78
    Free Member

Other more effort option is setup a camcorder, put a bike you are happy with the setup on a turbo trainer, record yourself pedalling, then swap to uncomfortable bike. Watch vid and see if you can see difference in position. Could be anything.

snowpaul
    Free Member

thanks so far,

the bars are 680 ish -position is about 30mm lower at the front vs other bikes and about 25mm shorter… other bikes have riser bars….

hmmm

paul

gusamc
    Free Member

for me and gf reducing bar ‘reach’ worked (raising bar height/ shortening stem/seat forward etc) I’d also make sure controls are lined up etc

bruneep

Shorten the stem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice re neck / head ache from position please’ is closed to new replies.