Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Advice please: Tiles/worktops, silicone colour?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

White tiles down to Oak worktop: White or clear silicone?

tragically1969
    Free Member

None, Oak upstands, or white silicone if you have to, clear will look weird

Tom83

Mapei do one called Caramel, would match the oak. But that’s a tough call. I’d personally go with upstands!

Stoner
    Free Member

‘spose I could use some oak quadrant.

At least I can use a nice small one.

djglover
    Free Member

I’d go for one that matches the wood if you can. the joins I have where the colour matches the bottom look best,

Digimap
    Free Member

White silicon, mask the wood, apply, smooth, peel for a nice edge. Make sure you use anti-fungal stuff, dow cornings is good.

Wood upstand would look nicer, even if it’s just a few inches high with a nice bevelled top. Quadrant always looks gash.

FWIW, sockets look even better if you can set out into a whole tile. Wickes do a three pack of tile cutting jigsaw bits for 50p which work fine.

chickenman

Disagree: Use sealant the colour of the non flat surface i.e. grouted tiles otherwise you’ll be picking bits of brown silicon out your grout lines. Quadrant? solid wood will need really looking after and foil-wrapped MDF will swell up as soon as water goes near it.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im inclined to go for masked white silicone. Flexible and waterproof. I can always cover with upstands later if I dont like the finish.

spooky_b329

White 🙂

KonaTC

+1

White silicon, mask the wood, apply, smooth, peel for a nice edge. Make sure you use anti-fungal stuff, dow cornings is good.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

White.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Advice please: Tiles/worktops, silicone colour?’ is closed to new replies.