Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Advice please – killer kielder challenge for charity
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Hi guys, I posted about a challenge I was trying to set up a while back to raise funds for charity, http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/killer-kielder-the-ultimate-endurance-adventure-challenge

Schedule:

• 6.30am- race the Kielder100
    • 5.30pm – Kayak the length of Kielder Water
    • 7.30pm – Run the Lakeside Way marathon

Well after a few months, a lot of conversations with various permission givers and I’ve got the go ahead, whoop whoop.

I’m raising funds for the Calvert Trust at Kielder which is an outdoor activity centre for people with disabilities, having been up there a couple of times I can say its definately a worthy cause.

I’d really like to raise as much as possible so am looking to get sponsors involved in some way. Any words of advice would be great?

I’ve got a few ideas on ways to raise funds, one of which is to make and sell basic homemade mudguards, made a couple and given them away to mates but not sure if its appropriate to just make them then advertise on here or something and say just donate to my justgiving account, pic of one in action here:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6275082/

I’m pretty keen to avoid just asking people for money so if I can give something in return I’d prefer that with the whole credit crunch etc.

Also is anyone hear any good with graphics? I’ve put together a basic logo but it could do with the once over I think particularly as the clipart might well be copy writed? Take a look on the website for what I mean, any easy edit/design programmes out there for free?

http://www.killerkielder.co.uk

cheers guys

miketually
    Free Member

You, sir, are brilliantly insane 🙂

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Thanks, people have said insane but never brilliant (I’m obviously separating the two out) 🙂

Drac

I should be there as a dogsbody if you make it I’ll pay for you beer the rest of the night.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Alas unless you are still up at 1am which is a suggested finishing time I may not be able to join you for a beer! Although I’m sure the first beer after that lot will taste pretty sweet…

Diane
    Free Member

My buddy rode the Rockies last year for Marie Curie – he had to raise shed loads to do it. One of the easiest fund raisers was – he did a session (Think it was all day) on a spin bike at a fairly big shopping centre on a Saturday – apparently people were very generous.

Drac

It’s fairly likely I’ll be awake at 1am but not sure I’ll be in the pub.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

The spinning session is a great idea thanks! Fundraising whilst training, brilliant!

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Diane, any idea the best way about getting permission to do such a thing? Shopping centres sometimes stop people collecting for charity I think?

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Just a quick update and thanks for the idea, I’ll now be found on a turbo trainer all day in the metro centre on 13th august 2011, but it doesnt stop there, I’ll be making smoothies by the power of bicycle all day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Advice please – killer kielder challenge for charity’ is closed to new replies.