Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • advice please – IKEA Integrated appliance, warranty and fitting
  • iainc

We have a 2 yr old IKEA kitchen, which we bought from their local store and had fitted by a local joiner we know. The integrated fridge/freezer is being replaced under warranty, and is all agreed. They cant get the same model so are supplying a similar one, which is fine.

They have said we need to arrange to get the old one out and install the new one, and if we get an invoice from a fitter they will reimburse us. This is the bit I’m not happy with. They joiner who did it initially was not great and I wouldn’t trust him to not bodge it. I have no idea of other local reputable fitters and am reluctant to pay someone to do it and then try and get reimbursed.

Also conscious that the removal and refitting may well require some additional cabinet parts, to attach the integrated doors, hinges etc, which a local guy would be unlikely to have, so delays likely while he went to try and source bits he may not be sure of, during which time we may have no fridge, which is a PITA for family life.

What I would like, and am keen to insist on, is that they arrange a fitter to remove and reinstall on basis that it is not my fault that the integrated appliance has failed. I know IKEA offer a fitting service for new kitchens so surely they have people who could do it, armed with the likely correct bits and a knowledge of what fixtures go where ?

What does STW reckon is my best approach here ?

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s a very simple task, slide out old, slide in new, attach door sliders.

One of my neighbours has a property maintenance company and he can do that for you. We’ve used him and his work is excellent – Key property care – Murray and Stuart. http://www.keypropertycare.co.uk/#home

eckinspain
    Free Member

I think I’d be on IKEA’s side here to be honest. Their appliance is faulty but their installation isn’t at fault because you got your own guy to do it the first time.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Have you discussed it with their customer service?

I called them about a 3 year old wardrobe the other day and they sent a joiner out to have a look and we sorted it out.

I have always found there customer service to be very good.

iainc

thanks for ideas. Gary, I may well call them as relatively local, thanks.

Customer Services see my point so have escalated to another team, who are calling me back within 48 hrs – I’m just trying to get my ducks lined up in advance.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They travel all over so EK wouldn’t be an issue.

iainc

thanks Gary – can I drop your name in ? Best calling their Ayrshire or Glasgow number ?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh that’s fine Iain. Murray is on holiday this week so not the Killie number. Stuart will be on a job but will either call you back or it’ll be on divert to his mobile.

iainc

thanks Gary

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘advice please – IKEA Integrated appliance, warranty and fitting’ is closed to new replies.