Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advice Please – Hope Mini Monos
  • bluebird
    Free Member

I’ve just bled my wife’s Hope Mini Monos as per Hope’s video on their website.

It seemed to go well and the brakes feel much better. However, there seems to be a very slight leak when you squeeze and hold the break lever. It’s appears to be coming from between the reservoir cap and the reservoir, on the edge closest to the handle bars, although there’s no visible damage to the edge of the cap or the reservoir.

Is it just a case of taking of the cap off, making sure the edges are clean, then topping up with fluid, putting the diaphragm down properly and the cap back on, or do I need to replace the diaphragm?

Thanks

seven
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve probably trapped the diaphram. If you’ve not damaged it just seating it should be ok, but if damaged you’ll need a new one.

[suck eggs] fill the resevoir full then roll the diaphram over the resevoir from one side rather than laying it straight down. This enusre that you seat it right and means no air is trapped under it.[/suck eggs]

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

i’ve had this happen a few times, i have always assumed i have just put too much fluid in. Once some has left it doesn’t leak again…. normally….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You have got a bit of fluid above the diaphram that is coming out of the vent hole – no problem at all

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

You have got a bit of fluid above the diaphram that is coming out of the vent hole – no problem at all

TJ is spot on there. Nae problem. just wipe it up to keep it off your paintwork.

bluebird
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I’ll double check I haven’t trapped/damaged the diaphragm tonight.

Just for info, Hope told me:

Also one thing to bear in mind, the tighter you screw down the cap the more it will leak. All you need to do is nip it up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please – Hope Mini Monos’ is closed to new replies.