• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by rs.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Advice Please – Change Pikes for Revs?
  • Toombsy
    Free Member

I have a Meta 5 with Pike 454 on and was considering changing to Revs 409 cause lighter (about 0.85lbs) but with same travel and Maxle. I ride in north Kent so Pikes are over kill. Can sell Pikes to ease the pain. What do you all reckon?

z1ppy

I was generally thinking about this (with a bike I’ve yet to buy) but the price of new Rev’s is what’s putting me off the idea.

heihei

Pikes are still stiffer than the revs. If you don’t need that degree of stiffness then go for it.

retro83
    Free Member

where can you get rev 409 with maxle?

Toombsy
    Free Member

Yeah – I was surprised at cost of new forks when I started looking around – I might just stick with them for the summer as doing the Pass Portes ride in June

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s alot of money for a weight difference that you will barely notice.

Try losing weight instead :mrgreen:

Toombsy
    Free Member

Is it a 426 then? I know one of them comes with a Maxle

Toombsy
    Free Member

mikey74 – true

druidh
    Free Member

You’ll not be alone in this. I reckon there would be a flood of 2nd hand Pikes around if it wasn’t for the price of the new Revs.

retro83
    Free Member

Is it a 426 then? I know one of them comes with a Maxle

Yeah well the only ones I can find are the 426 20mm jobbies which are over £500.

You’ll not be alone in this. I reckon there would be a flood of 2nd hand Pikes around if it wasn’t for the price of the new Revs.

Yeah. I would prob sell my pikes and get them if I had the cash!

cheers_drive

Are you sure it’s that much saving between a high end Pike and a low end Rev? I always think the effect of extra weight of Pikes is overstated anyway, for the air ones at least.
    Sounds like a lot of cost for little gain anyway and I recon Revs will be upgraded next year to be lighter and with Black Box damping so they will be true Fox killers like the 09 Rebas.

rs
    Free Member

I read that revs will be up to 150mm next year, i seriously wouldn’t bother changing just now, just not worth it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please – Change Pikes for Revs?’ is closed to new replies.