Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Advice please
  • trailspinner
    Free Member

So my bike seems to chirp when I ride rock gardens, it seems like it’s maybe something to do with the tires. It’s quite loud but only at speed over rocks or similar terrains. Anyone had this before? Or know what it is, because I’m starting to think I got a bird trapped in my frame 🙄

rudedog
    Free Member

only time my bike chirped like a bird was when the dbair inline shock blew a seal.

nickdavies

Could be anything…
    Favourite non obvious squeaky culprit is the rear mech hanger. Clean and grease.

lustyd
    Free Member

Buy another bike for when you’re on rock gardens. N+1 answers most maintenance issues…

poly
    Free Member

If it’s tire related changing the pressure will probably have an effect – not necessarily eliminate, but change the tone or make it more/less common. Easy enough thing to try at the trail side to rule it in / out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

rudedog, frost on your moustache?

RoterStern
    Free Member

What kind of bike is it? Full suspension? Could be the shock or fork as they have to work much harder (faster compressing etc) over rock gardens.

warpcow
    Free Member

My DT forks chirp if I forget to unlock them before hitting anything larger than a pebble.

trailspinner
    Free Member

I have an intense tracer 2017 Running a Yari fork and monarch + R piggy back shock! High roller 2 tubeless rubber. Bike is like 5-6 rides old, it does feel a bit harsh at the bars to be fair would it be possible the fork isn’t dialled right?? Or maybe the tubeless tires moving around?? I’m baffled

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advice please’ is closed to new replies.