Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice Please
  • Shorty12
    Free Member

My warranty on-one whippet frame might not be replaced until the 24th January. I want to get riding as soon as possible as i’ve already been off since mid November. My options are

They offered me a 29er Dirty harry frame which would mean selling my wheels and fork and buying again.

Or

Wait til the 24th.

Or

Shall I buy a cheap 26er frame and make do til the 24th

Cheers

fd3chris
    Free Member

Id buy a cheap off the classifieds 26 so all your bits fit then ride it in the bad weather/conditions until your new one turns up. Even ride the cheapy until it gets nice again to keep your new frame for better conditions 🙂

Shorty12
    Free Member

That might be the go. As I can’t afford to buy wheels and forks without selling the old ones and that may take some time.

iolo
    Free Member

Have a couple of months off the bike, go running, swimming, hiking, whatever.
    Or start a thread like the Canyon Warranty Claim thread and hope that works.
    VERY POOR ON ONE WARRANTY
    There you go.
    I’ve done it for you

seavers
    Free Member

I think fd3chris has it. 29er would be a lot of expense and you might not find it works for you. Loads of frames on pink bike and also quite a few offers about too now. Build your new whippet up for summer!

OOOOR… and hear me out…start collecting cheap but decent parts (now) for a new build in summer. Pick and choose the good bits (from each) and that way you would have a good bike for ‘summer’ and a hack for the mud.

Simon

Buy a cheap frame. A week is a long time for me not to ride, 2 months and I’d be going nuts.

Shorty12
    Free Member

Yeah there is a frame and forks for 250 so i’ll plump for that

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please’ is closed to new replies.