Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advice on Scott road bike sizing
  • strike
    Free Member

About to get a Scott Speedster 20 through cycles to work, but a little uncertain on the size I need.

I’m 6foot with a 32″inside leg and this will be my first road bike ever! According to Scott’s site, I’d take a Large, however….a local bikeshop was insisting I need an XL (and they just happened to have a 2013 XL Speedster in stock!).

There’s no where close to try one plus I’ve got to go via Halfords – hence I need to know Large should be the right size to go for….or not.

wwaswas

not sure what size in cm those relate to but I got one of those cheap Scott Road bikes recently and went for a 56cm – I’m about an inch taller than you but with same inside leg. I’m very pleased with the fit.

If they have an XL in stock then ask for a test ride, though, easiest way to see what the fit is that way?

maxlite
    Free Member

Guy in work bought a Speedster he is around 6′ 3″, he got an XL…..its a big bike!

BearBack
    Free Member

I’m the same height as you, similar inseam and ride a 56. I can see an xl being a good fit at all.
    Scotts size chart shows xl as 185cm plus.. You’re under that.
    Did they justify their size recommendation?

maxlite
    Free Member

Large relates to a 56cm, BearBack has it right, xl would be like a gate!

strike
    Free Member

XL was like a gate (and they wouldn’t let me test ride it – only sit on it)!!!

Pretty sure Large is the size. Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice on Scott road bike sizing’ is closed to new replies.