Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • advice on internal door locks please…..
  • sadexpunk

due to having two thieving druggy scrotes for teenagers, selling their own and our possessions for drugs (couple of xboxes for £20 anyone?) >-( we now have to consider ‘locking up’ when my wife and i go to work.

i want them to only be able to access their own rooms, and toilet and bathroom when we not there. we can give em food and drink before we leave.

ideally we’d like to be able to put the original door handles on when we come to sell, which we’re considering doing. oh, and as cheap as poss please, as the two little cherubs not left us with much money to play with :-/

can anyone give some advice on the best options please?

thanks 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sounds like you have more problems than locks can sort, anything slight and light weight will be easily got around. Probably best to kick them out when you leave and let them in when you get home.

nickjb
    Free Member

You can easily replace the handle with a lockable one with minimal mods. Easy to change back, too, but not mega secure.

slackman99
    Free Member

One of these in each room. No need to worry about having to replace handles when you sell then:

sadexpunk

not tooo bothered bout megasecure, just to keep em out and be obvious if theyve forced em. dont think they would but……

and kick em out? unfortunately social services told us we gave birth to them, we have to deal with it ourselves as theres nowt in place to help us. great eh 😀

sadexpunk

just been searching for some thatll fit without having to butcher the door 🙂

our doors are 35mm thick, and at present looks like the hole thats being used is about 50mm backset from edge of door. i can only find handles that are backset 60/70mm.

anyone cleverer than me at finding something suitable?

thanks

footflaps

Have you considered the ‘New patio option’? 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘advice on internal door locks please…..’ is closed to new replies.